Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default linux-firmware-20110512-2

Hi
please signoff both arches,
latest firmware versions and replaced outdated iwlwifi firmwares.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On 13 May 2011 18:26, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> please signoff both arches,

Signoff x86_64.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> please signoff both arches,
> latest firmware versions and replaced outdated iwlwifi firmwares.

signoff both.

Btw: I can now no longer reproduce weird iwlwifi firmware errors that
I mentioned a few weeks ago, though I'm not 100% that this was fixed
by this release or something else.

-t

Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 AM
C Anthony Risinger

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi
>> please signoff both arches,
>> latest firmware versions and replaced outdated iwlwifi firmwares.
>
> signoff both.
>
> Btw: I can now no longer reproduce weird iwlwifi firmware errors that
> I mentioned a few weeks ago, though I'm not 100% that this was fixed
> by this release or something else.

nice, ditto ... i think this fixed the iwl3945 probs i was having -- i
dont recall if you posted the same log:

Microcode SW error detected. Restarting 0x82000008.
Loaded firmware version: 15.32.2.9
Start IWL Error Log Dump:
Desc Time asrtPC blink2 ilink1 nmiPC Line
SYSASSERT (0x5) 1202315277 0x008B6 0x13756 0x00320 0x00000 764

Start IWL Event Log Dump: display last 20 count
1202313730 0x00000000 0212
1202314061 0x00000000 0215
1202314135 0x00400008 0220
1202314279 0x00000000 0201
1202314289 0x0000001c 0206
1202314291 0x00400001 0204
1202314296 0x00400001 0219
1202314297 0x00020041 0211
1202314302 0x00000000 0212
1202314633 0x00000000 0215
1202314707 0x00400008 0220
1202314732 0x00000000 0301
1202314997 0x000000d4 0303
1202315238 0x44470080 0401
1202315252 0x0000000d 0452
1202315257 0x00113b6e 0450
1202315262 0x00113b6e 0450
1202315267 0x00123b6e 0450
1202315273 0x00123b6e 0450
1202315278 0x00000100 0125
Error Reply type 0x000002FC cmd REPLY_SCAN_CMD (0x80) seq 0x4447 ser 0x00340000
Can't stop Rx DMA.

... but i was getting these all the time, and my wifi would be
"strange" until it stopped. i think it was causing systemd to timeout
trying to shutdown ntpd too. worst of all, either iwl3945 or nouveau:

PFIFO_BAR_FAULT - VM: Trapped read at 002cd55488 status 00000826
channel 0 (0x00000050)

... were causing my system to hard lock on occasion ... (the nouveau
prob somehow causes my GUI to load/react REEEEALLY SLOW, but not
actually be slow in animations/etc, strange) ... but that's a
different issue :-)

anyways -- after the fact, but thanks for update -- working good here.

C Anthony

Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Samstag 14 Mai 2011 schrieb C Anthony Risinger:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> please signoff both arches,
> >> latest firmware versions and replaced outdated iwlwifi firmwares.
> >
> > signoff both.
> >
> > Btw: I can now no longer reproduce weird iwlwifi firmware errors that
> > I mentioned a few weeks ago, though I'm not 100% that this was fixed
> > by this release or something else.
>
> nice, ditto ... i think this fixed the iwl3945 probs i was having -- i
> dont recall if you posted the same log:

> --------------- Microcode SW error detected. Restarting 0x82000008.
> Loaded firmware version: 15.32.2.9
> Start IWL Error Log Dump:
> Desc Time asrtPC blink2 ilink1 nmiPC Line
> SYSASSERT (0x5) 1202315277 0x008B6 0x13756 0x00320 0x00000 764
>
> Start IWL Event Log Dump: display last 20 count
> 1202313730 0x00000000 0212
> 1202314061 0x00000000 0215
> 1202314135 0x00400008 0220
> 1202314279 0x00000000 0201
> 1202314289 0x0000001c 0206
> 1202314291 0x00400001 0204
> 1202314296 0x00400001 0219
> 1202314297 0x00020041 0211
> 1202314302 0x00000000 0212
> 1202314633 0x00000000 0215
> 1202314707 0x00400008 0220
> 1202314732 0x00000000 0301
> 1202314997 0x000000d4 0303
> 1202315238 0x44470080 0401
> 1202315252 0x0000000d 0452
> 1202315257 0x00113b6e 0450
> 1202315262 0x00113b6e 0450
> 1202315267 0x00123b6e 0450
> 1202315273 0x00123b6e 0450
> 1202315278 0x00000100 0125
> Error Reply type 0x000002FC cmd REPLY_SCAN_CMD (0x80) seq 0x4447 ser
> 0x00340000 Can't stop Rx DMA.
> ---------------
>
> ... but i was getting these all the time, and my wifi would be
> "strange" until it stopped. i think it was causing systemd to timeout
> trying to shutdown ntpd too. worst of all, either iwl3945 or nouveau:

> --------------- PFIFO_BAR_FAULT - VM: Trapped read at 002cd55488 status
> 00000826
> channel 0 (0x00000050)
> ---------------
>
> ... were causing my system to hard lock on occasion ... (the nouveau
> prob somehow causes my GUI to load/react REEEEALLY SLOW, but not
> actually be slow in animations/etc, strange) ... but that's a
> different issue :-)
>
> anyways -- after the fact, but thanks for update -- working good here.
>
> C Anthony
iwlwifi firmware is now the latest provided by intel, that should explain your
fixed systems.

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org