Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Thomas Bchler

Default Anyone want to maintain acpid?

For some reason, I am assigned as a maintainer for acpid, but I never
actually touched it. It is out of date and has a number of bugs. Any takers?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> For some reason, I am assigned as a maintainer for acpid, but I never
> actually touched it. It is out of date and has a number of bugs. Any takers?

I though this had been deprecated for years? Are there still some
relevant use cases? If so, there is a new version in AUR:
<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33871>.

-t

Old 05-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Thomas Bchler

Am 08.05.2011 14:53, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> For some reason, I am assigned as a maintainer for acpid, but I never
>> actually touched it. It is out of date and has a number of bugs. Any takers?
>
> I though this had been deprecated for years? Are there still some
> relevant use cases? If so, there is a new version in AUR:
> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33871>.

People still use it. What has been deprecated is the /proc/acpi/event
interface.

Though, most acpi events are now translated to input events.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Damjan

>>> For some reason, I am assigned as a maintainer for acpid, but I never
>>> actually touched it. It is out of date and has a number of bugs. Any takers?
>>
>> I though this had been deprecated for years? Are there still some
>> relevant use cases? If so, there is a new version in AUR:
>> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33871>.
>
> People still use it. What has been deprecated is the /proc/acpi/event
> interface.
>
> Though, most acpi events are now translated to input events.

Even when they are, acpid still has its use to handle these events on a
system level, no matter if you have a user session (*DE) running or if
you even have X running.

My use case is to handle the suspend and hibernate buttons.

--
дамјан

Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Meyithi

On 8 May 2011 14:52, Damjan <gdamjan@gmail.com> wrote:

> takers?
> >>
> >> I though this had been deprecated for years? Are there still some
> >> relevant use cases? If so, there is a new version in AUR:
> >> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33871>.
> >
> > People still use it. What has been deprecated is the /proc/acpi/event
> > interface.
> >
> > Though, most acpi events are now translated to input events.
>
> Even when they are, acpid still has its use to handle these events on a
> system level, no matter if you have a user session (*DE) running or if
> you even have X running.
>
> My use case is to handle the suspend and hibernate buttons.
>

> --
> дамјан

Yup, I use acpid for suspend functions bound to button and lid events as
well as running scripts depending if on ac or power.

--
Jason Steadman
http://www.meyithi.com/