Old 05-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Allan McRae

Default packages and CFLAGS and LDFLAGS

I thought that if we are going to add some new CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, it would
be good to check our packages were using. Here is a report of the
packages in [core] and whether they build using our CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

Does not build:
grub
mdadm
ndiswrapper
usbutils
vi

Does not use CFLAGS or LDFLAGS:
bin86
isdn4k-utils
libcap
lilo
mkinitcpio-nfs-utils
ndiswrapper-utils
net-tools
openssl (fixed in [testing])
procps
tcp_wrappers

Does not use CFLAGS:
iproute2
iputils
wireless_tools

Does not use LDFLAGS:
bzip2
gdbm
hdparm
logrotate
lvm2
perl
pptpclient
procinfo-ng
rp-pppoe
syslinux
wpa_actiond

May not use CFLAGS or LDFLAGS
(unclear from build output - many will be false positives):
b43-fwcutter
coreutils
crda
dbus-core