FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

Hi,

libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
Please test and signoff.

Eric
 
Old 05-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

On 07/05/11 11:33, Eric Bélanger wrote:

Hi,

libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
Please test and signoff.



I saw this was an out-of-date orphan the other day and went to update it
but got heaps of failures on "make check" so gave up. Did you run the
testsuite? Not sure if this matters if the package still works...


Allan
 
Old 05-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 07/05/11 11:33, Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
>> Please test and signoff.
>>
>
> I saw this was an out-of-date orphan the other day and went to update it but
> got heaps of failures on "make check" so gave up. *Did you run the
> testsuite? *Not sure if this matters if the package still works...
>
> Allan
>

No, I didn't.
transmission-gtk which links to one of libevent's library was still
starting up so I supposed that it was OK. I'll check what the make
test gives out.
 
Old 05-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

On 07/05/11 15:47, Eric Bélanger wrote:

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Allan McRae<allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

On 07/05/11 11:33, Eric Bélanger wrote:


Hi,

libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
Please test and signoff.



I saw this was an out-of-date orphan the other day and went to update it but
got heaps of failures on "make check" so gave up. Did you run the
testsuite? Not sure if this matters if the package still works...



No, I didn't.
transmission-gtk which links to one of libevent's library was still
starting up so I supposed that it was OK. I'll check what the make
test gives out.



I would not get too concerned about any failures... I have a suspicion
that they are not regressions on previous versions.


Allan
 
Old 05-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 07/05/11 15:47, Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Allan McRae<allan@archlinux.org> *wrote:
>>>
>>> On 07/05/11 11:33, Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
>>>> Please test and signoff.
>>>>
>>>
>>> I saw this was an out-of-date orphan the other day and went to update it
>>> but
>>> got heaps of failures on "make check" so gave up. *Did you run the
>>> testsuite? *Not sure if this matters if the package still works...
>>>
>>
>> No, I didn't.
>> transmission-gtk which links to one of libevent's library was still
>> starting up so I supposed that it was OK. *I'll check what the make
>> test gives out.
>>
>
> I would not get too concerned about any failures... *I have a suspicion that
> they are not regressions on previous versions.
>
> Allan
>

I just ran make check and I didn't get any errors. So everything's OK.
 
Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Evangelos Foutras
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

On 7 May 2011 04:33, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
> Please test and signoff.

Chromium and Transmission still work.

Signoff x86_64.
 
Old 05-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default libevent-2.0.11-1

On 08/05/11 03:15, Evangelos Foutras wrote:

On 7 May 2011 04:33, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

libevent-2.0.11-1 is now in testing for a minor upstream update.
Please test and signoff.


Chromium and Transmission still work.

Signoff x86_64.




Signoff i686,
Allan
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org