Old 05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Evangelos Foutras

Default repository cleanup

I adopted chromium and ltrace.

[Resending to correct mailing list. (>.<)]

Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Andrea Scarpino

On Wednesday 04 May 2011 01:44:15 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> Hi DEVs/TUs,
> I'm again on the cleanup of orphans packages in the [extra] repository; this
> time with a small list[1].
>
> The list is based on orphans packages needed by none.
>
> I don't see very important packages there, but chromium, krusader, mc and
> proftpd which maybe should be kept in [extra]; though they will probably
> find their maintainers in [community].
>
> As the last time (more than 7 months ago), please cross out the packages you
> want to keep in [extra]. Adoption is not required, but it would be nice.
>
> If you are a TU you can ask to maintain a package writing its name to the
> "Candidate to [community]" list[2].
>
> I invite all you maintainers to check the orphans packages on the Arch
> website, many are maintained packages where the maintainer simply forgot to
> adopt it.
>
> Thanks
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup
> [2]
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup#Candidate_to
> _.5Bcommunity.5D
Hi DEVs/TUs,
after a week this is the status:

# These will be moved to [community]
abcde
aria2
dosbox
gtk-theme-switch2
icecast
mc
nickle
numlockx
tango-icon-theme-extras
vbetool
vim-a
vim-bufexplorer
vim-colorsamplerpack
vim-doxygentoolkit
vim-guicolorscheme
vim-minibufexpl
vim-omnicppcomplete
vim-project
vim-taglist
vim-vcscommand

# These will be moved to AUR
bladeenc
bs
cscope
ettercap-gtk
gnupod
gptfdisk
gqmpeg
kmldonkey
kmplayer
krusader
libbtcl
monotone
nbsmtp
nppangband
perl-text-csv
python-gtkglext
speedcrunch
xchat-gnome

If there are no objections I'll move all them tomorrow.

--
Andrea

Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Ionut Biru

On 05/12/2011 02:53 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

gptfdisk

If there are no objections I'll move all them tomorrow.

keep that. we also have a feature request on the tracker to include it
on the iso

--
IonuČ›

Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Thursday 12 May 2011 17:34:12 Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 02:53 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> > gptfdisk
> keep that. we also have a feature request on the tracker to include it
> on the iso
Sure. Crossed.

--
Andrea

Old 05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Dan McGee

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 May 2011 01:44:15 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> cscope

I'm listed as "maintainer" of this now, not because I really want to
be but it would be a shame not to have a pretty standard and useful
tool for code browsing in our repos.

-Dan

Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Thursday 12 May 2011 10:18:01 Dan McGee wrote:
> I'm listed as "maintainer" of this now, not because I really want to
> be but it would be a shame not to have a pretty standard and useful
> tool for code browsing in our repos.
Ok, anyway there is no need to adopt it if you don't want to maintain it. I
added a note in the wiki page to keep it.

--
Andrea

Old 05-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Dan McGee

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 May 2011 10:18:01 Dan McGee wrote:
>> I'm listed as "maintainer" of this now, not because I really want to
>> be but it would be a shame not to have a pretty standard and useful
>> tool for code browsing in our repos.
> Ok, anyway there is no need to adopt it if you don't want to maintain it. I
> added a note in the wiki page to keep it.

It's no big deal; not a super-active project upstream and no bug
reports so I can take it on for now.

-Dan

Old 05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
"KESHAV P.R."

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 20:04, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 02:53 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>
>> gptfdisk
>

>> If there are no objections I'll move all them tomorrow.
>>

> keep that. we also have a feature request on the tracker to include it on
> the iso
>
> --
> IonuČ›

GPT fdisk is maintained by Tobias Powalowski (tpowa). Orphaning that
should have been a mistake since archboot installer uses gdisk
extensively. I maintain gptfdisk-git
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39338 .

- Keshav

Old 05-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Thursday 12 May 2011 20:58:20 KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> GPT fdisk is maintained by Tobias Powalowski (tpowa). Orphaning that
> should have been a mistake since archboot installer uses gdisk
> extensively. I maintain gptfdisk-git
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39338 .
I already said we'll keep it.
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2011-May/020346.html