Old 04-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Allan McRae

Default gcc-4.6 toolchain

The gcc-4.6 toolchain looks good to me so it is time for signoffs. This
covers the following packages:

binutils 2.21-6
cloog 0.16.2-1
gcc 4.6.0-3 (and the various split packages)
glibc 2.13-5
isl 0.06-1
linux-api-headers 2.6.38.1-1
mpfr 3.0.1-1

There is still a potential issue with gcc-go needing libffi for a very
minor piece of functionality and the version in the gcc source having a
different soname to the version in [extra]. But that is unimportant and
will be dealt with later...

When the move occurs, cloog-ppl will be removed from the repos (I will
double check the need for a rebuild here...) and elfutils will be moved
to [extra] as it is not needed by any [core] package.

Signoff both,
Allan

Old 04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Ionuț Bîru

[...]

signoff i686. gnome 3 is compiled with gcc 4.6.0 and i didn't find any
problems with it

--
Ionuț

Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Jan Steffens

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> The gcc-4.6 toolchain looks good to me so it is time for signoffs. *This
> covers the following packages:
>
> binutils 2.21-6
> cloog 0.16.2-1
> gcc 4.6.0-3 (and the various split packages)
> glibc 2.13-5
> isl 0.06-1
> linux-api-headers 2.6.38.1-1
> mpfr 3.0.1-1
>

> There is still a potential issue with gcc-go needing libffi for a very minor
> piece of functionality and the version in the gcc source having a different
> soname to the version in [extra]. *But that is unimportant and will be dealt
> with later...
>
> When the move occurs, cloog-ppl will be removed from the repos (I will
> double check the need for a rebuild here...) and elfutils will be moved to
> [extra] as it is not needed by any [core] package.
>
> Signoff both,
> Allan

Signoff x86_64.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 18 April 2011 schrieb Jan Steffens:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > The gcc-4.6 toolchain looks good to me so it is time for signoffs. This
> > covers the following packages:
> >
> > binutils 2.21-6
> > cloog 0.16.2-1
> > gcc 4.6.0-3 (and the various split packages)
> > glibc 2.13-5
> > isl 0.06-1
> > linux-api-headers 2.6.38.1-1
> > mpfr 3.0.1-1
> >

> > There is still a potential issue with gcc-go needing libffi for a very
> > minor piece of functionality and the version in the gcc source having a
> > different soname to the version in [extra]. But that is unimportant and
> > will be dealt with later...
> >
> > When the move occurs, cloog-ppl will be removed from the repos (I will
> > double check the need for a rebuild here...) and elfutils will be moved
> > to [extra] as it is not needed by any [core] package.
> >
> > Signoff both,
> > Allan
>
> Signoff x86_64.
signoff both kernel 2.6.38 compiled fine.

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-04-16 17:18:06 +1000] Allan McRae:
> The gcc-4.6 toolchain looks good to me so it is time for signoffs.
> This covers the following packages:
>
> binutils 2.21-6
> cloog 0.16.2-1
> gcc 4.6.0-3 (and the various split packages)
> glibc 2.13-5
> isl 0.06-1
> linux-api-headers 2.6.38.1-1
> mpfr 3.0.1-1