Old 04-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default xz 5.0.2-1

Hi all,

this is a minor upstream update. So please sign off. I ave also added
make check to the PKGBUILD.

Greetings,

Pierre

PS: here is the upstream changelog:

* LZMA2 decompressor now correctly accepts LZMA2 streams with no
uncompressed data. Previously it considered them corrupt. The
bug can affect applications that use raw LZMA2 streams. It is
very unlikely to affect .xz files because no compressor creates
.xz files with empty LZMA2 streams. (Empty .xz files are a
different thing than empty LZMA2 streams.)

* "xz --suffix=.foo filename.foo" now refuses to compress the
file due to it already having the suffix .foo. It was already
documented on the man page, but the code lacked the test.

* "xzgrep -l foo bar.xz" works now.

* Polish translation was added.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Stéphane Gaudreault

Le 1 avril 2011 11:08:20, Pierre Schmitz a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> this is a minor upstream update. So please sign off. I ave also added
> make check to the PKGBUILD.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre
>
> PS: here is the upstream changelog:
>
> * LZMA2 decompressor now correctly accepts LZMA2 streams with no
> uncompressed data. Previously it considered them corrupt. The
> bug can affect applications that use raw LZMA2 streams. It is
> very unlikely to affect .xz files because no compressor creates
> .xz files with empty LZMA2 streams. (Empty .xz files are a
> different thing than empty LZMA2 streams.)
>
> * "xz --suffix=.foo filename.foo" now refuses to compress the
> file due to it already having the suffix .foo. It was already
> documented on the man page, but the code lacked the test.
>
> * "xzgrep -l foo bar.xz" works now.
>
> * Polish translation was added.

Nothing broken. Signoff x86_64

Stéphane

Old 04-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Jan Steffens

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Stéphane Gaudreault
<stephane@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Nothing broken. Signoff x86_64
>
> Stéphane

Ditto. Sign off both.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Allan McRae

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Stéphane Gaudreault