Old 03-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default mkinitcpio 0.6.9-1

This release fixes some, but not all known bugs. It adds support for xz
compressed initramfs. It also includes some massive performance
improvements from Dan, which you should especially notice on crappy CPUs
like Atom.

Please sign off.

Shortlog:
Dan McGee (8):
Move output functions to top of functions file
Add new helper functions
Use new get_module_name function
Use new helper functions instead of system commands
Short circuit add module if it already exists in image
Add bash in_array function
Keep an array of added modules to prevent expensive lookups
Use install instead of mkdir/cp

Dave Reisner (1):
Set pipefail before running get_init_cpio

Thomas Bächler (9):
Enhance sleep hook to watch for device availability
poll_device: Remove -h
Remove some obsolete 'export's
Revert "mkinitcpio: mount real root device instead of symlink"
Use in_array instead of grep -w when checking SKIPHOOKS.
poll_device: use 'echo' instead of 'msg'.
Improve compression in mkinitcpio
Simplify root file system detection
Release mkinitcpio 0.6.9

Tobias Powalowski (3):
add DAC960 scsi module to scsi hook again
add loop module to avoid error messages from btrfs device scan
remove loop from btrfs again, not needed

Old 04-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 27.03.2011 15:33, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> This release fixes some, but not all known bugs. It adds support for xz
> compressed initramfs. It also includes some massive performance
> improvements from Dan, which you should especially notice on crappy CPUs
> like Atom.
>
> Please sign off.

No signoffs so far, but this won't move anyway:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23467

I will fix this within the next few days.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 27.03.2011 15:33, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> This release fixes some, but not all known bugs. It adds support for xz
>> compressed initramfs. It also includes some massive performance
>> improvements from Dan, which you should especially notice on crappy CPUs
>> like Atom.
>>
>> Please sign off.
>
> No signoffs so far, but this won't move anyway:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23467
>
> I will fix this within the next few days.

With that said, this had been working well otherwise on both
architectures for me.

-Dan