Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default New nasm in testing

Yeah nasm was resurrected and jumped from 0.98 to 2.00.
I'm not sure if this breaks anything but nasm should be a makedepend
only. If there are any building difficulties with this, let me know
and I will tackle it.

Roman suspects a large speedup w.r.t. xvidcore too.

Toodles,
Aaron

Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/2/4, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> Yeah nasm was resurrected and jumped from 0.98 to 2.00.
> I'm not sure if this breaks anything but nasm should be a makedepend
> only. If there are any building difficulties with this, let me know
> and I will tackle it.
>
> Roman suspects a large speedup w.r.t. xvidcore too.

I don't remember that. Am I getting old? :-D

Since yasm was designed to be compatible with nasm
(nobody thought it will rise from the dead :-D)
- it's interesting if yasm makedepends can be changed with nasm 2
(as was the case with nasm 0.9 -> yasm change).

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)