Old 02-04-2008, 03:26 AM
"K. Piche"

Default repo cleanup: step 2

> > perl
> Kevin?

taken

> > dnsutils

taken since I have bind too.

--
K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>

Old 02-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Tom K

Eric Belanger wrote:

bridge-utils

Adopted

Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 30, 2008 11:27 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 12:08 AM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > shadow
> > heimdal
> > bcm43xx-fwcutter
>
> I could grab some of these, like shadow, bvm43-fwcutter and heimdal,
> if no one wants them. The rest I'm unsure of. I'm fairly certain I
> don't use them 8)

Snagged. shadow, heimdal, and bcm43-fwcutter are mine now

Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Eric Belanger

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

Hi,

This post is to give a status report on the still ongoing repo cleanup. The
list of the recently removed packages is posted at the end of this message.

But now I would like to focus more on orphaned core packages:

Here's an updated list (some of these were recently added):

ifenslave
coreutils
dmraid
logrotate
mpfr
linux-atm

Here's Varun's packages that weren't adopted yet:

bladeenc
dvdbackup
handbrake
miro
d4x
nicotine
wicd

and on orphaned depends (see https://dev.archlinux.org/wiki/Repo%20Cleanup/).
The list of orphaned depends also indicates what packages depends on these
orphans and, in some cases, who owns them. As mentionned previously, it
would be nice if everyone would make efforts to adopt the depends of their
packages because it is just logical and would surely ease the .so bump
rebuilds. Of course, anyone is free to adopt any orphans that they wish.

However, it is possible that some devs already have the maximum workload that
they can handle so they can't really adopt any or all of their packages'
orphaned depends. If it's the case for you, let us know. Perhaps someone
else, who can add to their current workload, would be willing to adopt some
of these orphans especially if they use the package that depends on them.
I'm sure we'll be able to split the present orphans workload somehow.

Apart for adoptions of core packages, there wasn't any progress (AFAIK)
related to orphaned extra packages. Can I get more feedback? This should
be our top priority so we can finish up the cleanup/adoption process (at
least for the current orphans).

believed to be clean.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:22 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Feb 12, 2008 4:40 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> logrotate
> miro

Snagged, as well as some of my orphans (gnucash, slib).

One thing I *just* discovered though. Our "orphan" number is wrong. We
actually only have 90-ish orphans in extra. The number on the
dashboard *includes* the testing repo, which is always orphaned
(according to the way our scripts work).