Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Jan de Groot

Default gcc 4.2.3, mpfr 2.3.1

Gcc has been updated to 4.2.3, changes:

- mpfr 2.3.1 moved to core/lib
- gcc-libs contains objc and fortran libs, provides gcc-fortran and
gcc-objc from extra for runtime dependencies
- gcc contains fortran, objc and treelang compilers, replaces
gcc-fortran and gcc-objc from extra
- gcc contains manpages again
- gcc-gcj updated to 4.2.3 from ubuntu branch
- java-gcj-compat fixed to include a cacert database

Packages have been built for x86_64 only, the i686 packages are done
partially. gcc, gcc-libs and mpfr are in my staging directory, I'll
upload i686 versions of java-gcj-compat and gcc-gcj tomorrow, after
which I will move them to testing for i686 also.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Jan de Groot

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 00:48 +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> Gcc has been updated to 4.2.3, changes:
>
> - mpfr 2.3.1 moved to core/lib
> - gcc-libs contains objc and fortran libs, provides gcc-fortran and
> gcc-objc from extra for runtime dependencies
> - gcc contains fortran, objc and treelang compilers, replaces
> gcc-fortran and gcc-objc from extra
> - gcc contains manpages again
> - gcc-gcj updated to 4.2.3 from ubuntu branch
> - java-gcj-compat fixed to include a cacert database
>
> Packages have been built for x86_64 only, the i686 packages are done
> partially. gcc, gcc-libs and mpfr are in my staging directory, I'll
> upload i686 versions of java-gcj-compat and gcc-gcj tomorrow, after
> which I will move them to testing for i686 also.

gcc 4.2.3 is in testing for i686 also now. Please signoff.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Feb 4, 2008 11:41 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 00:48 +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > Gcc has been updated to 4.2.3, changes:
> >
> > - mpfr 2.3.1 moved to core/lib
> > - gcc-libs contains objc and fortran libs, provides gcc-fortran and
> > gcc-objc from extra for runtime dependencies
> > - gcc contains fortran, objc and treelang compilers, replaces
> > gcc-fortran and gcc-objc from extra
> > - gcc contains manpages again
> > - gcc-gcj updated to 4.2.3 from ubuntu branch
> > - java-gcj-compat fixed to include a cacert database
> >
> > Packages have been built for x86_64 only, the i686 packages are done
> > partially. gcc, gcc-libs and mpfr are in my staging directory, I'll
> > upload i686 versions of java-gcj-compat and gcc-gcj tomorrow, after
> > which I will move them to testing for i686 also.
>
> gcc 4.2.3 is in testing for i686 also now. Please signoff.

Signoff i686, I'm still able to compile stuff fine.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Feb 5, 2008 12:58 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2008 11:41 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 00:48 +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > > Gcc has been updated to 4.2.3, changes:
> > >
> > > - mpfr 2.3.1 moved to core/lib
> > > - gcc-libs contains objc and fortran libs, provides gcc-fortran and
> > > gcc-objc from extra for runtime dependencies
> > > - gcc contains fortran, objc and treelang compilers, replaces
> > > gcc-fortran and gcc-objc from extra
> > > - gcc contains manpages again
> > > - gcc-gcj updated to 4.2.3 from ubuntu branch
> > > - java-gcj-compat fixed to include a cacert database
> > >
> > > Packages have been built for x86_64 only, the i686 packages are done
> > > partially. gcc, gcc-libs and mpfr are in my staging directory, I'll
> > > upload i686 versions of java-gcj-compat and gcc-gcj tomorrow, after
> > > which I will move them to testing for i686 also.
> >
> > gcc 4.2.3 is in testing for i686 also now. Please signoff.
>
> Signoff i686, I'm still able to compile stuff fine.

Seems fine here too. I'll signoff for i686.

-Dan

Old 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Eric Belanger

- gcc-libs contains objc and fortran libs, provides gcc-fortran and
gcc-objc from extra for runtime dependencies
- gcc contains fortran, objc and treelang compilers, replaces
gcc-fortran and gcc-objc from extra
- gcc contains manpages again
- gcc-gcj updated to 4.2.3 from ubuntu branch
- java-gcj-compat fixed to include a cacert database

Packages have been built for x86_64 only, the i686 packages are done
partially. gcc, gcc-libs and mpfr are in my staging directory, I'll
upload i686 versions of java-gcj-compat and gcc-gcj tomorrow, after
which I will move them to testing for i686 also.

gcc 4.2.3 is in testing for i686 also now. Please signoff.

Signoff i686, I'm still able to compile stuff fine.

Seems fine here too. I'll signoff for i686.

-Dan

signing off for x86_64

believed to be clean.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 AM
"Jan de Groot"

One sidenote though: do modules built with 4.2.3 load with a kernel built with 4.2.2? If not, kernel26 and all modules need a rebuild with the new compiler.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Andreas Radke

please wait a bit more. i'm going to try the "ultimate" compiler test
including gcj: OpenOffice.org has almost reached 2.4 RC1 state.

i'll try to build the latest snapshot tonight.

-Andy