Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 AM
"Travis Willard"

Default Tedious: Moving packages from testing to the real repo

On Feb 1, 2008 7:21 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 05:53:27PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > I've noticed this process is real tedious.
> >
> > cvs update
> > tag -d TESTING or TESTING-64
> > tag -F CURRENT or CURRENT-64
> > ssh archlinux.org
> > mv files from testing to staging/testing(64)/del
> > cp staging/testing(64)/del to staging/$REPO(64)/add
> > run /arch/db-testing(64)
> > run /arch/db-$REPO
> >
> > It gets even more tedious when you have to do it for both architectures.
> >
> > So, I want to improve this, but I want to know what _you_ all would
> > like as a usecase here? Should there be a script on gerolde to do it,
> > or should it be part of devtools with the db-scripts still run on
> > gerolde. Opinions?

I'd be fine with something akin to extrapkg, where it did all the
tagging, and put stuff in the right staging dirs, but left the
/arch/db-x calls to me.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Samstag, 2. Februar 2008 14:13:00 schrieb Daniel Isenmann:
> Haven't Pierre wrote such a script for moving and tagging packages from
> testing to the real repos?

Jupp I did that for the qt move. You can find the latest and quite well tested
ones in my home dir. Or should I move them somewhere else to share?

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Feb 2, 2008 5:14 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 2. Februar 2008 14:13:00 schrieb Daniel Isenmann:
> > Haven't Pierre wrote such a script for moving and tagging packages from
> > testing to the real repos?
>
> Jupp I did that for the qt move. You can find the latest and quite well tested
> ones in my home dir. Or should I move them somewhere else to share?

Hmm. Sounds like something we should commit to the db-scripts
codebase. I totally forgot you write these 8)

Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 16:34:44 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> Hmm. Sounds like something we should commit to the db-scripts
> codebase. I totally forgot you write these 8)

They are just prototypes; someone should review the code before.

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Feb 4, 2008 9:44 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 16:34:44 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> > Hmm. Sounds like something we should commit to the db-scripts
> > codebase. I totally forgot you write these 8)
>
> They are just prototypes; someone should review the code before.

They look good. I made some minor changes just to be cleaner:
http://dev.archlinux.org/~aaron/testing2core.txt

a) I changed `` to $() as backticks are kinda-sorta deprecated
b) I renamed showWarning to 'die' because perl and other languages use
'die' and a 'warning' usually implies non-fatal

I started delving into the DB scripts a little today in an effort to
completely overhaul them, so I will try to integrate something like
this automatically if I can.