Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Tedious: Moving packages from testing to the real repo

I've noticed this process is real tedious.

cvs update
tag -d TESTING or TESTING-64
tag -F CURRENT or CURRENT-64
ssh archlinux.org
mv files from testing to staging/testing(64)/del
cp staging/testing(64)/del to staging/$REPO(64)/add
run /arch/db-testing(64)
run /arch/db-$REPO

It gets even more tedious when you have to do it for both architectures.

So, I want to improve this, but I want to know what _you_ all would
like as a usecase here? Should there be a script on gerolde to do it,
or should it be part of devtools with the db-scripts still run on
gerolde. Opinions?