Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Madeye

Default repository cleanup

On Thu, 12 May 2011 16:56:46 +0300
Bogdan Ionuț <bogdan@punctweb.ro> wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 14:53, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>
> wrote:
>
> > # These will be moved to AUR
> > gptfdisk
> >
> > If there are no objections I'll move all them tomorrow.
> >

> GPT users what should use then? parted? I like very much this app,
> and I don't think I'm the only one. Or at least move it to
> [community] and not AUR, 'cause I don't want to compile this every
> time I make a new installation.

I would have to agree with this. Although I am in favor of keeping the
repositories free of too much clutter, I think removing gptfdisk would
be a sad thing to do.
Probably parted can be used for the same tasks, but it is IMHO a very
user unfriendly program.

--
Madeye

- The box said to install Windows 95 or better,
so I installed ARCH Linux!

- Registered Linux user #167944 since 2000-02-28 (。◕‿◕。) -
- Jabber: @@ madeye at jabber dot org @@ -