Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Packages with Arch artwork/branding

On Feb 1, 2008 2:38 PM, Thayer Williams <thayerw@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to track down all packages that contain Arch Linux artwork
> and branding. I'm particularly interested in anything that features the
> old logo, but I'd also like to know of any packages that contain images
> of the old name (even if they're missing the "arch" symbol.)
>
> If you maintain packages that meet this criteria, please contact me with
> the package name or simply respond to this thread.

There's slim-themes, but you already know that from the bug report. 8)
That's my only artworky package

Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Eric Belanger

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Thayer Williams wrote:

I'm trying to track down all packages that contain Arch Linux artwork
and branding. I'm particularly interested in anything that features the
old logo, but I'd also like to know of any packages that contain images
of the old name (even if they're missing the "arch" symbol.)

If you maintain packages that meet this criteria, please contact me with
the package name or simply respond to this thread.

Thanks!

Thayer

There is my qingy arch theme in community (pkgname: qingy-theme-arch)
which will need to be update. I would be grateful if you could come up
with an updated background much like the slim theme you posted in the
forum but without the textbox. And the png must contain the
background too like a desktop wallpaper.

If you don't have the time, I'll just ask around on the forums.

Thanks
Eric

believed to be clean.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Tobias Kieslich

Hi Thayer

welcome aboard btw.

I maintain the xfce4 packages, three of which contain branding, each
in a different way (none of them is the default theme anymore, so to see
them, the user has to select them explicitely):

1. gtk-xfce-engine contains an Archlinux theme, no logo branding just a
small gtk theme based on that engine
(I started on an evolution of this, but it's nowhere near a usable
state)
2. xfwm4: it contains a little icon-sized logo, which is an xpm file
size 15x18, actively usable area even smaller. We can either replace
the logo, or create a new theme. James would be happy, I think he
dislikes the old one with a passion :P
3. the toughest one: xfce4-session. This contains a splash screen, which
is a transparent png file, so that via the background-settings you can
control the colour of the screen. It is based on a blend file which I
think actually lost Sorry for that. But we would have to model the
logo anyway new etc and maybe it's just time for a new splash screen.
Oh, to be clear: the splash screen contains a 3d rendered old logo.

-T

Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/2/4, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de>:
> Hi Thayer
>
> welcome aboard btw.
>
> I maintain the xfce4 packages, three of which contain branding, each
> in a different way (none of them is the default theme anymore, so to see
> them, the user has to select them explicitely):
>
> 1. gtk-xfce-engine contains an Archlinux theme, no logo branding just a
> small gtk theme based on that engine
> (I started on an evolution of this, but it's nowhere near a usable
> state)
> 2. xfwm4: it contains a little icon-sized logo, which is an xpm file
> size 15x18, actively usable area even smaller. We can either replace
> the logo, or create a new theme. James would be happy, I think he
> dislikes the old one with a passion :P
> 3. the toughest one: xfce4-session. This contains a splash screen, which
> is a transparent png file, so that via the background-settings you can
> control the colour of the screen. It is based on a blend file which I
> think actually lost Sorry for that. But we would have to model the
> logo anyway new etc and maybe it's just time for a new splash screen.
> Oh, to be clear: the splash screen contains a 3d rendered old logo.

Wasn't there also some wallpaper in old xfce versions? (or I'm
confusing something)
it would be nice to have one

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Thayer Williams

On Feb 03, 2008 1:18 PM PST, Eric Belanger <belanger@ASTRO.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> There is my qingy arch theme in community (pkgname: qingy-theme-arch) which
> will need to be update. I would be grateful if you could come up with an
> updated background much like the slim theme you posted in the forum but
> without the textbox. And the png must contain the background too like a
> desktop wallpaper.

I'll take care of this one later this morning. I'm going to deal with
the KDM/GDM themes too if I get the time.

Thayer