Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default PPC site down?

Hey guys,
I saw a forum post about archlinuxppc.org being down, and wanted to
know if anyone was aware. I fear that email may not be reaching Alex,
as his email is served through there. Anyone know anything?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Dale Blount

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 15:05 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I saw a forum post about archlinuxppc.org being down, and wanted to
> know if anyone was aware. I fear that email may not be reaching Alex,
> as his email is served through there. Anyone know anything?

Try email:

$ host -t mx archlinuxppc.org
archlinuxppc.org mail is handled by 10 mail.trick.ca.

Dale

Old 01-31-2008, 08:48 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 31, 2008 3:38 PM, Dale Blount <dale@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Try email:
>
> $ host -t mx archlinuxppc.org
> archlinuxppc.org mail is handled by 10 mail.trick.ca.

This stuff is all greek to me. I'm assuming this means the mail works
fine then 8)

Old 01-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Dale Blount

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 15:48 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 3:38 PM, Dale Blount <dale@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Try email:
> >
> > $ host -t mx archlinuxppc.org
> > archlinuxppc.org mail is handled by 10 mail.trick.ca.
>
> This stuff is all greek to me. I'm assuming this means the mail works
> fine then 8)

It means his incoming email isn't hosted by the same server as
www.archlinuxppc.org, so there's a good chance his email is still
working.

Dale