-   -   manpages broken for non-testing users (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/43894-manpages-broken-non-testing-users.html)

Thomas Bächler 01-31-2008 04:07 PM

manpages broken for non-testing users

From reports I got from IRC, it sounds like manpages which are still in
/usr/share/man are not found by man. The installed man and filesystem
packages in these cases are:

man 1.6f-1
filesystem 2007.11-3

Can we move the involved packages to core soon, so this will be fixed?

"Dan McGee" 01-31-2008 04:22 PM

On Jan 31, 2008 11:07 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> From reports I got from IRC, it sounds like manpages which are still in
> /usr/share/man are not found by man. The installed man and filesystem
> packages in these cases are:
>
> man 1.6f-1
> filesystem 2007.11-3
>
> Can we move the involved packages to core soon, so this will be fixed?

Did you signoff yet? The onus is really on us as developers. Once the
required signoffs are there, any developer that signed off can move
them as their ass is on the line.

-Dan

Thomas Bächler 01-31-2008 04:37 PM

Dan McGee schrieb:
> Did you signoff yet? The onus is really on us as developers. Once the
> required signoffs are there, any developer that signed off can move
> them as their ass is on the line.

I thought we had enough signoffs, but I will look it up again.

"Aaron Griffin" 01-31-2008 04:38 PM

On Jan 31, 2008 11:22 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2008 11:07 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > From reports I got from IRC, it sounds like manpages which are still in
> > /usr/share/man are not found by man. The installed man and filesystem
> > packages in these cases are:
> >
> > man 1.6f-1
> > filesystem 2007.11-3
> >
> > Can we move the involved packages to core soon, so this will be fixed?
>
> Did you signoff yet? The onus is really on us as developers. Once the
> required signoffs are there, any developer that signed off can move
> them as their ass is on the line.

Correct. This has been in testing for weeks. No one cares - someone
needs to step up to the plate here and test these on x86_64