Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM
"Dan McGee"

Default Use of force=y

On Nov 24, 2007 10:02 AM, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen@hoetzel.info> wrote:
> I need to use force=y for an update. How long do week keep force=y in
> packages: If pacman uses an outdated mirror, this will lead to downgrade.

'force' goes in the options array, not on its own.

-Dan

Old 11-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Jürgen Hötzel

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 10:40:43AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2007 10:02 AM, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen@hoetzel.info> wrote:
> > I need to use force=y for an update. How long do week keep force=y in
> > packages: If pacman uses an outdated mirror, this will lead to downgrade.
>
> 'force' goes in the options array, not on its own.

"Should" go to options. But force=y also works with "updatesync-many". "force=y" style is actually more frequently used:

# find core extra -maxdepth 3 -name PKGBUILD -print0|xargs -0 egrep '^[[:space:]]*options=.*force'|wc -l
16

# find core extra -maxdepth 3 -name PKGBUILD -print0|xargs -0 egrep '^[[:space:]]*force='|wc -l
27

Jürgen

Old 11-24-2007, 03:09 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Nov 24, 2007 11:01 AM, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen@hoetzel.info> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 10:40:43AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> > On Nov 24, 2007 10:02 AM, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen@hoetzel.info> wrote:
> > > I need to use force=y for an update. How long do week keep force=y in
> > > packages: If pacman uses an outdated mirror, this will lead to downgrade.
> >
> > 'force' goes in the options array, not on its own.
>
> "Should" go to options. But force=y also works with "updatesync-many". "force=y" style is actually more frequently used:
>
> # find core extra -maxdepth 3 -name PKGBUILD -print0|xargs -0 egrep '^[[:space:]]*options=.*force'|wc -l
> 16
>
> # find core extra -maxdepth 3 -name PKGBUILD -print0|xargs -0 egrep '^[[:space:]]*force='|wc -l
> 27

Yeah, sure. But it is also the older way (thus the reason you probably
see it more), and updatesync-many is a POS tool that should be
rewritten to use repo-add. Of course, if anyone else wants to take
this task off my plate I'd appreciate it...

-Dan

Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 AM
eliott

> Of course, if anyone else wants to take
> this task off my plate I'd appreciate it...

My plate is still full of turkey and gravy.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Nov 24, 2007 9:02 AM, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen@hoetzel.info> wrote:
> openchrome released a stable version recently (0.2.9):
> http://www.openchrome.org/releases/
>
> The current package in extra is based on a svn snapshot: openchrome
> 20070903-2
>
> I need to use force=y for an update. How long do week keep force=y in
> packages: If pacman uses an outdated mirror, this will lead to downgrade.

Hmm, how often do they release? I always do these things based on feel
- rephrased, I wouldn't worry about it until 0.3.X or whatever is
released. At _that_ point you should reevaluate