-   -   fixing the dependency cycle in Core, part 1: coreutils (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/4021-fixing-dependency-cycle-core-part-1-coreutils.html)

"Roman Kyrylych" 11-24-2007 09:19 AM

2007/11/23, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> I've attached a patch that removes unneeded dependency on coreutils
> from some packages.
> It also modifies install.proto to not endorse bad practice of /bin/true usage.
> Please review and signoff.

Ok, it seems there are no objections, so I'm going to apply it today.
FYI, it touches the following packages:
db
ipw3945
iwlwifi
lilo
ndiswrapper
pam
perl
rt2500
rt2x00-cvs
udev
wlan-ng26
wpa_supplicant

Only db and lilo get coreutils removed from depends array.
Udev needs coreutils because of sbin/migrate_udev script.
Other packages used /bin/true but didn't contain coreutils in depends.
I think a pkgrel bump for db and lilo is needed so we get rid of
cyclic depends before the ISO release.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

"Aaron Griffin" 11-26-2007 07:19 PM

On Nov 24, 2007 4:19 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> Other packages used /bin/true but didn't contain coreutils in depends.

if it does one of these things:

post_install () {
/bin/true
}

then you can get rid of it. pacman will be happy with an empty function too.