Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Jan de Groot

Default xorg-server status in testing

I went ahead today and made some nice git snapshots of libdrm, mesa and
xorg-server. After updating these components, my Intel "GPU" would still
freeze with Nexuiz. After looking at Fedora, I found a patch in their
CVS that disables pageflipping, a feature introduced in the 2.11 driver,
but far from ready.
Please give these new packages some testing. Besides correct
documentation about the new input hotplugging, I think most things have
been taken care of now. After inspecting our documentation and making
corrections where required, I think it's time to move this to extra.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Roman Kyrylych

On 2010-05-27, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I went ahead today and made some nice git snapshots of libdrm, mesa and
> xorg-server. After updating these components, my Intel "GPU" would still
> freeze with Nexuiz. After looking at Fedora, I found a patch in their
> CVS that disables pageflipping, a feature introduced in the 2.11 driver,
> but far from ready.
> Please give these new packages some testing. Besides correct
> documentation about the new input hotplugging, I think most things have
> been taken care of now. After inspecting our documentation and making
> corrections where required, I think it's time to move this to extra.

I use testing on my laptop with Intel G965 video (GMA X3100) and it
works as usual.
I have compositing enabled in metacity, but haven't played any 3D game
for a while.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Andreas Radke

After the last update I had twice a hard freeze that I haven't had
before on my Ati notebook. Nothing in the logs. Maybe one of the git
patches causes this or it just didn't happen in the past. No idea.

I'll have a look if there's something useful in the ati driver git.

-Andy