Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Dieter Plaetinck

Default bitlbee maintainer

Hi guys,
$ sudo pacman -Sy >/dev/null
$ pacman -Si bitlbee | grep Packager
Packager : Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>

but http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=bitlbee says this package is
an orphan?

what explains the difference between my -Si and the packages
webinterface?

Dieter

Old 05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> $ sudo pacman -Sy >/dev/null
> $ pacman -Si bitlbee | grep Packager
> Packager * * * : Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>
>
> but http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=bitlbee says this package is
> an orphan?
>
> what explains the difference between my -Si and the packages
> webinterface?

Packager != Maintainer all the time. The packager is set by makepkg
when someone builds something. Andrea could have rebuilt bitlbee for a
library change, or something of the sort

Old 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:23:01 -0500
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Dieter Plaetinck
> <dieter@plaetinck.be> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > $ sudo pacman -Sy >/dev/null
> > $ pacman -Si bitlbee | grep Packager
> > Packager * * * : Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>
> >
> > but http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=bitlbee says this package
> > is an orphan?
> >
> > what explains the difference between my -Si and the packages
> > webinterface?
>
> Packager != Maintainer all the time. The packager is set by makepkg
> when someone builds something. Andrea could have rebuilt bitlbee for a
> library change, or something of the sort

I see. I thought it might had something to do with the accidental
orphanages we had a while ago.

So, anyone who wants to maintain bitlbee? surely there must be a
developer/packager using it, because it rocks

Dieter

Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Tuesday May 18 2010 18:36:15 Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Packager != Maintainer all the time. The packager is set by makepkg
> > when someone builds something. Andrea could have rebuilt bitlbee for a
> > library change, or something of the sort
Or I just updated it

> So, anyone who wants to maintain bitlbee? surely there must be a
> developer/packager using it, because it rocks
bitlbee is orphan from time. DEVs seems not interested, maybe some TU is?

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 PM
"Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)"

On 05/18/10 at 08:47pm, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Tuesday May 18 2010 18:36:15 Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> > Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Packager != Maintainer all the time. The packager is set by makepkg
> > > when someone builds something. Andrea could have rebuilt bitlbee for a
> > > library change, or something of the sort
> Or I just updated it
>
> > So, anyone who wants to maintain bitlbee? surely there must be a
> > developer/packager using it, because it rocks
> bitlbee is orphan from time. DEVs seems not interested, maybe some TU is?
>
> --
> Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
> KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux
I use bitlbee, and am willing to take over if no one else is interested.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Tue, 18 May 2010 15:09:12 -0500
"Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)" <ghost1227@archlinux.us> wrote:

> On 05/18/10 at 08:47pm, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> > bitlbee is orphan from time. DEVs seems not interested, maybe some
> > TU is?
> I use bitlbee, and am willing to take over if no one else is
> interested.

fine by me. just go for it
Dieter