Old 05-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Aaron Griffin

Default 2010.05 snapshots. Less is more.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Arch Linux: Recent news updates:
Dieter Plaetinck <announce@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>
> Hi, New installation media are available. There are less of them, and they are
> smaller. But they can do more... Notable changes: Archiso (image builds): * all
> iso files can now be burned onto CD's as well as written to media like usb
> sticks (isohybrid) * more than half of the packages in core are now xz
> compressed * next to the single architecture images we provide dual images which
> can be used as 32bit or 64bit medium * use isolinux bootloader exclusively for
> booting the live media * snapshot of current core, including kernel 2.6.33.4-1,
> pacman-3.3.3-5 and glibc-2.11.1-3 * updated memtest * support for PXE booting *
> provide wpa_supplicant * support virtio AIF (installation tool): * ability to
> choose uuid/label/devicefile blockdevice representation; automatically applied
> in menu.lst, fstab, etc * split off UI library into separate [libui-sh][1]
> project * support virtio blockdevices * allow user to specify additional custom
> arguments for mkfs and the like Additionally, quite some bugs have been fixed,
> mostly in AIF. And of course, the [Official installation guide][2] has been
> updated to reflect these changes. Thanks to everyone who contributed, this
> release took a long time but I think it's worth it. [Download][3][List of
> packages][4]
>
> * [1]: http://github.com/Dieterbe/libui-sh
>
> * [2]: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Official_Arch_Linux_Install_Guide
>
> * [3]: http://www.archlinux.org/download/
>
> * [4]: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:2010.05

Congrats! Thanks for all the hard work on this. I apologize for not
being able to do more, but it all came through in the end.

Dieter, you're my hero

Old 05-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:09:14 -0500
> Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Congrats! Thanks for all the hard work on this. I apologize for not
>> being able to do more, but it all came through in the end.
>>
>> Dieter, you're my hero
>
> I will think about how you're gonna repay me.
> maybe a pool party at your place?

Sure, but my bathtub will be a tight fit