Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default libgcrypt 1.4.5-2

This moves the shared library from /usr/lib to /lib, so that dynamically
linked cryptsetup works before /usr is mounted.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Jan de Groot

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 23:17 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> This moves the shared library from /usr/lib to /lib, so that dynamically
> linked cryptsetup works before /usr is mounted.

libgcrypt.so is in both /lib and /usr/lib. IMHO there should be only
a .so in /usr/lib, not /lib.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 11.05.2010 14:24, schrieb Jan de Groot:
> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 23:17 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> This moves the shared library from /usr/lib to /lib, so that dynamically
>> linked cryptsetup works before /usr is mounted.
>>

> libgcrypt.so is in both /lib and /usr/lib. IMHO there should be only
> a .so in /usr/lib, not /lib.

Hm, does it matter? We did the same for popt and libgpg-error - and all
other libraries I moved to /lib manually so far. The way I did it, it is
simpler in the PKGBUILD, as you only move libfoo.so* to /lib and then
symlink the .so file - you don't have to know the library version here.

The only thing that is really necessary is this: You must have the .so
in /usr/lib, otherwise the .a will be used and gcc/ld will always link
the library statically.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Allan McRae

This moves the shared library from /usr/lib to /lib, so that dynamically
linked cryptsetup works before /usr is mounted.

libgcrypt.so is in both /lib and /usr/lib. IMHO there should be only
a .so in /usr/lib, not /lib.

I would agree, but then some other packages do the same and have the .so
in both (e.g. acl, attr, bzip2, readline), so I am not overly concerned.
Then again, maybe those should be fixed too...

Allan

Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Jan de Groot

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 14:31 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 11.05.2010 14:24, schrieb Jan de Groot:
> > On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 23:17 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> >> This moves the shared library from /usr/lib to /lib, so that dynamically
> >> linked cryptsetup works before /usr is mounted.
> >>

> > libgcrypt.so is in both /lib and /usr/lib. IMHO there should be only
> > a .so in /usr/lib, not /lib.
>
> Hm, does it matter? We did the same for popt and libgpg-error - and all
> other libraries I moved to /lib manually so far. The way I did it, it is
> simpler in the PKGBUILD, as you only move libfoo.so* to /lib and then
> symlink the .so file - you don't have to know the library version here.
>
> The only thing that is really necessary is this: You must have the .so
> in /usr/lib, otherwise the .a will be used and gcc/ld will always link
> the library statically.

It doesn't harm I think, but why would my /lib looks like symlink-heaven
if there's no need to?