-   -   popt 1.16-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/369022-popt-1-16-1-a.html)

Andrea Scarpino 05-10-2010 03:50 PM

popt 1.16-1

Upstream release.

ChangeLog:
- add lv.po, update translations (Translation Project).
- include xcode project files in distributed popt tar ball.
- make distcheck is now squeaky clean.
- permit VPATH builds.
- add shallow tests using ISP/RAS api-sanity-autotest.pl.
- prefix bit set routines with popt to avoid symbol coolisions w rpm.
- add tdict.c to exercise popt bit sets against /usr/dict/words.
- add poptBitsArgs() method to generate args bit set.
- add methods for bit set union and intersection.
- permit comma separated attribute lists, handle negated attributes.
- better test for POPT_ARG_BITSET.
- add POPT_ARG_BITSET handling.
- add POPT_ARG_SHORT handling.
- handle all callback traversals within a C switch (for extendability
ease).
- add popt.pc.
- devzero2000: add AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR to configure.
Create build-aux
- devzero2000: del acinclude.m4 : AC_CHECK_VA_COPY is not used

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Thomas Bächler 05-10-2010 04:40 PM

popt 1.16-1

Am 10.05.2010 17:50, schrieb Andrea Scarpino:
> Upstream release.

According to this:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-May/016721.html

Can you please move libpopt.so* from /usr/lib to /lib? This would be
important for the next cryptsetup release to move to core.

Remark: To ensure proper dynamic linking, it should look like this:
/usr/lib/libpopt.a
/usr/lib/libpopt.so -> /lib/libpopt.so
/lib/libpopt.so -> libpopt.so.0
/lib/libpopt.so.0 -> libpopt.so.0.X.Y
/lib/libpopt.so.0.X.Y

Without the libpopt.so symlink in /usr/lib/, the linker will always
choose the static library over the dynamic one on build-time. I ran into
problems with this a lot already :(

If you are unsure what to do, please notify me and I will help.