Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Dan McGee

Default Authorless news items

Hey guys,

This is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know who the author
of the following news items might be?

* 2004-02-06, Ugly update KDE 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0, http://www.archlinux.org/news/43/
* 2004-05-26, Nasty daemontools bug, http://www.archlinux.org/news/72/
* 2006-09-29, Gnome 2.16 and dbus 0.93 to Testing,
http://www.archlinux.org/news/264/

I'm trying to do some data cleanup on the website and these things are
breaking foreign keys that are never supposed to be NULL that have sat
around for a while (thanks MySQL).

-Dan

Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Jan de Groot

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 16:13 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> * 2006-09-29, Gnome 2.16 and dbus 0.93 to Testing,
> http://www.archlinux.org/news/264/

That one was made by Arjan Timmerman/Blaasvis, one of our previous GNOME
maintainers. It could be made by me, but the closing sentence is his
style.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 04.05.2010 23:13, schrieb Dan McGee:
> Hey guys,
>
> This is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know who the author
> of the following news items might be?
>
> * 2004-02-06, Ugly update KDE 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0, http://www.archlinux.org/news/43/
> * 2004-05-26, Nasty daemontools bug, http://www.archlinux.org/news/72/

A bit OT, but I wasn't even using Arch at that time, I guess almost
noone of us was.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 04.05.2010 23:13, schrieb Dan McGee:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> This is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know who the author
>> of the following news items might be?
>>
>> * 2004-02-06, Ugly update KDE 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0, http://www.archlinux.org/news/43/
>> * 2004-05-26, Nasty daemontools bug, http://www.archlinux.org/news/72/
>
> A bit OT, but I wasn't even using Arch at that time, I guess almost
> noone of us was.

I imagine they were both made by Judd, as that was quite some time ago

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 04.05.2010 23:13, schrieb Dan McGee:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> This is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know who the author
>> of the following news items might be?
>>
>> * 2004-02-06, Ugly update KDE 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0, http://www.archlinux.org/news/43/
>> * 2004-05-26, Nasty daemontools bug, http://www.archlinux.org/news/72/
>
> A bit OT, but I wasn't even using Arch at that time, I guess almost
> noone of us was.

Yeah I realize I might be asking the wrong crowd here, but thought I'd
try. Judd is going to be the automatic author if I don't figure it out
otherwise.

And thanks on the Gnome one.

-Dan

Old 05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Am 04.05.2010 23:13, schrieb Dan McGee:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> This is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know who the author
>>> of the following news items might be?
>>>
>>> * 2004-02-06, Ugly update KDE 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0, http://www.archlinux.org/news/43/
>>> * 2004-05-26, Nasty daemontools bug, http://www.archlinux.org/news/72/
>>
>> A bit OT, but I wasn't even using Arch at that time, I guess almost
>> noone of us was.
>
> I imagine they were both made by Judd, as that was quite some time ago

I found one on the wayback machine as being by Eric Johnson, so I
attributed it to him.

The other one looks like it was likely Manolis Tzanidakis after doing
some archive reading and googling, so he now has ownership of that
news items making all of them owned by someone.

-Dan