Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Andrea Scarpino

Default vnc remove

Hi,
upstream stopped developing open source version time ago and tigervnc is the
replacement.
I'll move it to AUR, if no one has objections.

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 04.05.2010 21:29, schrieb Andrea Scarpino:
> Hi,
> upstream stopped developing open source version time ago and tigervnc is the
> replacement.
> I'll move it to AUR, if no one has objections.

I've been using tightvnc since ... forever. It's better than the
original anyway.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 22:02:03 Thomas Bächler wrote:
> I've been using tightvnc since ... forever. It's better than the
> original anyway.
Gentoo and others already removed it from their repos.

Moved to AUR.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Mauro Santos

On 05/04/2010 08:29 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> Hi,
> upstream stopped developing open source version time ago and tigervnc is the
> replacement.
> I'll move it to AUR, if no one has objections.

It is a pitty that it stopped being maintained upstream and thus needs
to be put in AUR, because it still works really well if you choose the
settings correctly, specially the full screen mode. The alternative,
tightvnc, seems to have the fullscreen mode still broken and with no
solution in sight (it seems to be a known problem with tightvnc for a
long long time).

--
Mauro Santos