-   -   current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/362862-current-state-packages-core-base-some-extra-release-media.html)

Dieter Plaetinck 04-27-2010 07:20 PM

current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media

Hi guys,
somewhere between now and now + a few weeks I would like to release new
official media.

I will be building new testing builds this week, so to all maintainers
who maintain packages in core/base or one of the following packages in
extra: aufs2, aufs2-util, ddrescue, dosfstools, elinks, gnu-netcat, joe,
lftp, memtest86+, nmap, ntfs-3g, ntfsprogs, ntp, parted, speedtouch,
squashfs-tools, syslinux, tcpdump.

anything i should know? anything important that has changed recently,
or will change?

should i wait for a new pacman? any new must-haves?

PS: can someone build a new initscripts package?
the 2010 copyright is fixed in git, but not yet packaged.

Dieter

Allan McRae 04-28-2010 01:01 PM

current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media

somewhere between now and now + a few weeks I would like to release new
official media.

Cool. I just used the 2009.04.19-core-i686 image to make a new install
with no issues.

I will be building new testing builds this week, so to all maintainers
who maintain packages in core/base or one of the following packages in
extra: aufs2, aufs2-util, ddrescue, dosfstools, elinks, gnu-netcat, joe,
lftp, memtest86+, nmap, ntfs-3g, ntfsprogs, ntp, parted, speedtouch,
squashfs-tools, syslinux, tcpdump.

anything i should know? anything important that has changed recently,
or will change?

Only real change is the gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild and kernel update,
which has required one kernel module to be rebuilt. I'm not sure how
well aufs2 has been tested.

should i wait for a new pacman? any new must-haves?

The next pacman looks still a while off at the moment.

Allan

Dieter Plaetinck 04-28-2010 01:14 PM

current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:01:18 +1000
Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

> Only real change is the gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild and kernel update,
> which has required one kernel module to be rebuilt. I'm not sure how
> well aufs2 has been tested.

when does this go live?

Pierre Schmitz 04-28-2010 04:23 PM

current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:14:37 +0200, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be>
wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:01:18 +1000
> Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Only real change is the gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild and kernel update,
>> which has required one kernel module to be rebuilt. I'm not sure how
>> well aufs2 has been tested.
>
> when does this go live?

The new kernel is in core since yesterday and gcc 4.5 since last week.
Aufs hasn't been tested, but according to the chakra devs it doesn't work
well with the .33 kernel. We might need to patch and/or update it to the
latest snapshot.

Btw: aufs is orphaned atm and only used on the install iso. I could help
updating/patching it if needed.