Old 04-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default kernel26 2.6.33.3-1

This is an upstream kernel release, including security fixes. Packages
will enter testing within the next hour.

We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are still
compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we will
have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.

Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide feedback
about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external) builds, so
we know whether we require a rebuild.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Ionut Biru

This is an upstream kernel release, including security fixes. Packages
will enter testing within the next hour.

We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are still
compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we will
have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.

Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide feedback
about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external) builds, so
we know whether we require a rebuild.

nvidia works without any issues, played supertux and watching some
movies with vdpau.

signoff x86_64.

--
Ionut

Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Monday 26 April 2010 19:45:36 Thomas Bächler wrote:
> We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are still
> compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
> external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we will
> have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.
>
> Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide feedback
> about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external) builds, so
> we know whether we require a rebuild.
I am using an external module for my wireless card and it still works. So,
seems no rebuild is needed.

signoff x86_64

--
Andrea Scarpino - deelab.org/bash
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2010 19:45:36 Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are still
>> compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
>> external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we will
>> have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.
>>
>> Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide feedback
>> about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external) builds, so
>> we know whether we require a rebuild.
> I am using an external module for my wireless card and it still works. So,
> seems no rebuild is needed.
>
> signoff x86_64

Signoff i686 on a pretty plain setup, no external modules.

-Dan

Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Ray Kohler

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> This is an upstream kernel release, including security fixes. Packages
> will enter testing within the next hour.
>
> We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are still
> compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
> external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we will
> have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.
>
> Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide feedback
> about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external) builds, so
> we know whether we require a rebuild.

The existing nouveau-drm module does not load into this kernel:

2010-04-26T16:51:01-04:00 <kern.alert> amaranth kernel: BUG: unable to
handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000060

Rebuilding nouveau-drm fixes it for me (x86_64).

Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 26.04.2010 23:08, schrieb Ray Kohler:
> The existing nouveau-drm module does not load into this kernel:
>
> 2010-04-26T16:51:01-04:00 <kern.alert> amaranth kernel: BUG: unable to
> handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000060
>
> Rebuilding nouveau-drm fixes it for me (x86_64).

Uploaded a fixed package, please re-test. If no other breakage is
reported, I'll move this kernel later today.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Thomas Bächler

Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Ray Kohler

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 26.04.2010 23:08, schrieb Ray Kohler:
>> The existing nouveau-drm module does not load into this kernel:
>>
>> 2010-04-26T16:51:01-04:00 <kern.alert> amaranth kernel: BUG: unable to
>> handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000060
>>
>> Rebuilding nouveau-drm fixes it for me (x86_64).
>>

> Uploaded a fixed package, please re-test. If no other breakage is
> reported, I'll move this kernel later today.

The rebuilt nouveau works fine here.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Pierre Schmitz

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:45:36 +0200, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>
wrote:
> This is an upstream kernel release, including security fixes. Packages
> will enter testing within the next hour.

signing off both. Works fie even with nvidia and vbox (without recompile)