Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default kernel26 2.6.33.3-1

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:45:36 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

> This is an upstream kernel release, including security fixes. Packages
> will enter testing within the next hour.
>
> We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are
> still compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
> external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we
> will have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.
>
> Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide
> feedback about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external)
> builds, so we know whether we require a rebuild.

Signoff x86_64. Works with nvidia without problems...

Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Ignacio Galmarino

On 04/27/2010 06:54 AM, Ray Kohler wrote:

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Thomas Bächler<thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

Am 26.04.2010 23:08, schrieb Ray Kohler:

The existing nouveau-drm module does not load into this kernel:

2010-04-26T16:51:01-04:00<kern.alert> amaranth kernel: BUG: unable to
handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000060

Rebuilding nouveau-drm fixes it for me (x86_64).

Signoff x86_64

Old 04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:45:36 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:

> This is an upstream kernel release, including security fixes. Packages
> will enter testing within the next hour.
>
> We had a gcc 4.4 -> 4.5 version bump, so the external modules are
> still compiled with 4.4, while the kernel is compiled with 4.5. If any
> external modules break (usual candidates are nvidia and aufs2), we
> will have to rebuild them with 4.5 as well.
>
> Please test this update thoroughly and sign off. Please provide
> feedback about the state of our nvidia and aufs2 (or other external)
> builds, so we know whether we require a rebuild.

signoff x86_64. rebuilt nouveau module is working well.

-Andy