-   -   gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/357760-gcc-4-5-toolchain-rebuild.html)

Allan McRae 04-16-2010 12:32 PM

gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild

Hi,

The gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild is in [testing]. Here is a summary of the
changes I made:

linux-api-headers-2.6.33.2-1:
update patch level

glibc-2.11.1-3:
patch for gcc-4.5 __i686 define/assembly clash

binutils-2.20.1-2:
rebuild libiberty/libbfd on both platforms
hide symbols in libbfd

gcc-4.5.0-1:
upstream update
add new deps (libmpc, libelf)
enable link time optimization
tidy up configure
add c89 and c99 launcher scripts (POSIX compatibility)

Unlike the last couple of gcc releases, this should be a relatively
minor update in terms of breakages. See
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.5/changes.html .

As is usual with gcc updates, compiling C++ code with the new toolchain
and running it with the old toolchain may cause some issues (untested)
so be careful.

Signoff both,
Allan

Allan McRae 04-16-2010 12:33 PM

gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild

[...]

Forgot to add, this will move libelf into [core].

Allan

Dan McGee 04-16-2010 01:21 PM

gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> gcc-4.5.0-1:
> *upstream update
> *add new deps (libmpc, libelf)
> *enable link time optimization
> *tidy up configure
> *add c89 and c99 launcher scripts (POSIX compatibility)

Will we at some point want to add the -lto flag (or whatever it is) to
both CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in our defaults?

-Dan

Allan McRae 04-16-2010 01:38 PM

gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild