-   -   openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/351942-openssl-heimdal-icu-rebuilds.html)

Pierre Schmitz 04-05-2010 06:08 PM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

Thanks to everybody who helped we are nearly done with the rebuilds. So we
could start calling for sign-offs. If you have found a bug related to the
openssl or heimdal updates, please report and add me to the assignees.

* openssl was updated from 0.9.8n to 1.0.0 which is a new major release.
See http://cvs.openssl.org/fileview?f=openssl/CHANGES&v=1.1481.2.51
* heimdal was updated from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2
* icu was updated from 4.2.1 to 4.4

The following [core] packages were affected and need to be tested:

dnsutils
heimdal
libarchive
libfetch
libldap
librpcsecgss
links
nfs-utils
openssh
openssl
openvpn
pacman
syslog-ng
vpnc
wget
wpa_supplicant

I'll attach two lists of pkgbase names: one to be moved to core/extra and
the other one for community.

--
Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierrednsutils
heimdal
libarchive
libfetch
libldap
librpcsecgss
links
nfs-utils
openssh
openssl
openvpn
pacman
syslog-ng
vpnc
wget
wpa_supplicant
alpine
anjuta
apache
arch
autofs
bigloo
bind
brltty
centerim
claws-mail
claws-mail-extra-plugins
courier-imap
courier-mta
cups
curl
cvs
cyrus-sasl
cyrus-sasl-plugins
d4x
dovecot
elinks
erlang
ettercap-gtk
evolution-data-server
evolution-exchange
fetchmail
gftp
git
gnome-vfs
go-openoffice
gstreamer0.10-bad
gtk2
hplip
icecast
icu
imap
irssi
john
libetpan
libflashsupport
libfprint
libgadu
libgnomecups
libgnomeprint
liblastfm
libmsn
libssh
libtorrent-rasterbar
libwebkit
licq
lighttpd
linuxdcpp
lynx
mail-notification
miro
mutt
nbsmtp
neon
net-snmp
nmap
ntop
ntp
nx-common
opal
openconnect
openoffice-base
openoffice-base-beta
openoffice-base-devel
openslp
ortp
pdns
perl-crypt-ssleay
perl-net-ssleay
php
postfix
postgresql
proftpd
psi
ptlib
pure-ftpd
pyopenssl
python
python24
python-m2crypto
qca-ossl
qt
qtscriptgenerator
rdesktop
ruby
samba
socat
sofia-sip
spamassassin
spamassassin-spamc
squid
ssmtp
subversion
swi-prolog
sylpheed
tcpdump
telepathy-idle
testdisk
tin
tor
transmission-cli
transmission-gtk
vde2
virtuoso
vsftpd
w3m
wireshark
wvstreams
x11vnc
xchat
xchat-gnome
xfprint
xmlsec
xorg-server
aircrack-ng
arch-artwork
balsa
bind-geodns
boinc
castget
cherokee
cvs-feature
dar
dillo
dsniff
dwdiff
ecore-svn
ejabberd
ekg
ekg2
encfs
epic4
exim
fdm
freeradius
gimmie
gkrellm
gnubiff
gnubiff-gtk
gnustep-base
google-gadgets
gpac
gq
gtk2-docs
gwenhywfar
gyachi
hostapd
htmldoc
hula
inn
ipsec-tools
kadu
kftpgrabber
kvirc
lastfm-client
lib32-curl
lib32-gtk2
lib32-heimdal
lib32-libcups
lib32-openssl
lib32-qt
libesmtp
libexosip2
libfbclient
libtorrent
libwww
links-g
linphone
mailx-heirloom
mcabber
mktorrent
monit
netsurf
network-ups-tools
nginx
ngircd
omniorb
openntpd
opensips
openttd
open-vm-tools
osec
osiris
p3scan
pacman-contrib
pantomime
parrot
partimage
perl-crypt-openssl-bignum
perl-crypt-openssl-random
perl-crypt-openssl-rsa
perl-gssapi
perl-www-curl
php52
php-docs
pinot
postfix-policyd-spf-perl
postgresql-tsearch2
pound
prosody
proxytunnel
psqlodbc
pulseaudio
pwsafe
python3
python-application
python-pycurl
qbittorrent
qingy
qmc2
qpxtool
qstardict
qt-recordmydesktop
recoll
ruby-atk
rusxmms
slrn
snownews
splix
stunnel
supertux
sword
texmaker
tls
tripwire
unrealircd
vyqchat
webfs
xchat-systray-integration
xiphos
xmms2
yaz

Andreas Radke 04-05-2010 06:39 PM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

OpenOffice related packges:

OpenOffice-base is done.
Go-OpenOffice i686 done, x86_64 failed due to a smp related issue. Will
build it over night non-smp.

Openoffice-base- beta/devel are missing and both are no stoppers to
me and will be build with updated versions within a few days. We can
leave them out for now.

Xorg-server depends on OpenSSL. So we need to move it along with
OpenSSL/Heimdal/Icu rebuild. Means also to move the kernel and other
related Xorg packages from testing (not the Xorg18 repo).

So far now further issues. Signoff x86_64.

-Andy

Dan McGee 04-05-2010 07:04 PM

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> OpenOffice related packges:
>
> OpenOffice-base is done.
> Go-OpenOffice i686 done, x86_64 failed due to a smp related issue. Will
> build it over night non-smp.
>
> Openoffice-base- beta/devel are missing and both are no stoppers to
> me and will be build with updated versions within a few days. We can
> leave them out for now.
>

> Xorg-server depends on OpenSSL. So we need to move it along with
> OpenSSL/Heimdal/Icu rebuild. Means also to move the kernel and other
> related Xorg packages from testing (not the Xorg18 repo).
>
> So far now further issues. Signoff x86_64.

I had good luck with everything yesterday on both my i686 and x86_64
boxes. pacman-git hiccuped a bit but that is my own fault (so had to
do some reinstalling when vercmp was failing due to linking issues).
openoffice-base was also working fine last night on my x86_64 box.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in here, this was a big update that got
done really quickly. I'll signoff for both architectures on just about
everything (i686 is a headless, no-X box, x86_64 is my desktop).

-Dan

Pierre Schmitz 04-05-2010 07:26 PM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:12:33 -0300, Flavio Costa <flavio.cdc@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ..
>> I had good luck with everything yesterday on both my i686 and x86_64
>> boxes. pacman-git hiccuped a bit but that is my own fault (so had to
>> do some reinstalling when vercmp was failing due to linking issues).
>> openoffice-base was also working fine last night on my x86_64 box.
>> ..
>>

> I had some 'vercmp' linking issues when upgrading to kernel26
(2.6.33.1-1
> ->
> 2.6.33.2-1) and system-tools-backends (2.8.3-1 -> 2.10.0-1), so I guess
it
> is not an isolated problem.
>
> After the complete -Suy, I manually -S'ed kernel26 and
> system-tools-backends
> and they ran smoothly.

Looks like vercmp is linked against openssl (why?). But the initial -Syu
will just update pacamn and not its deps which would also pull in the new
openssl. This means that vercmp is broken until openssl is updated.

Maybe we need to increase the versioned deps of pacman to libarchive and
libfetch to get the new openssl in the first run. But it seem Allan did
revert this for some reason. (maybe because your system is completely
broken if you don't run pacman -Syu twice.

Any suggestions on this? Maybe increasing the versioned deps of pacman + a
news item telling people to don't forget to run -Syu twice?

Pierre Schmitz 04-05-2010 07:54 PM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 21:26:57 +0200, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>
wrote:
> [bullshit]

Just forgot about what I wrote. Of course there is no problem with vercmp
if only pacman is updated.

Allan McRae 04-06-2010 07:40 AM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

Thanks to everybody who helped we are nearly done with the rebuilds. So we
could start calling for sign-offs. If you have found a bug related to the
openssl or heimdal updates, please report and add me to the assignees.

* openssl was updated from 0.9.8n to 1.0.0 which is a new major release.
See http://cvs.openssl.org/fileview?f=openssl/CHANGES&v=1.1481.2.51
* heimdal was updated from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2
* icu was updated from 4.2.1 to 4.4

The following [core] packages were affected and need to be tested:

I will signoff of these for i686:

dnsutils
heimdal
libarchive
libfetch
libldap
openssh
openssl
pacman
syslog-ng
wget
wpa_supplicant

Been running the openssl/heimdal rebuild for several days and have not
seen any issues.

Allan

Pierre Schmitz 04-07-2010 06:56 PM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

I have put pacman 3.3.3-5 into testing which includes the independent
vercmp. This should fix the problems with certain install scripts failing
during the transaction. Would be nice if someone else would confirm that
this actually works before we move all this to core/extra.

Pierre

Thomas Bächler 04-08-2010 09:44 AM

Am 05.04.2010 20:08, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> libarchive
> libfetch
> openssh
> openvpn
> syslog-ng
> wget
> wpa_supplicant

Signoff x86_64.

> openssl

No signoff, see my comment in the other thread about the CA certificates
(/etc/ssl/certs).

> pacman

No signoff until the vercmp upgrade problem is fixed (I hear Dan already
has a temporary solution in mind).

Thomas Bächler 04-08-2010 10:54 AM

Am 08.04.2010 11:44, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> pacman
>
> No signoff until the vercmp upgrade problem is fixed (I hear Dan already
> has a temporary solution in mind).

Xavier just brought to my attention that this is fixed already, so I
will sign off as soon as I get to update.

Allan McRae 04-08-2010 10:55 AM

openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

No signoff, see my comment in the other thread about the CA certificates
(/etc/ssl/certs).

pacman

No signoff until the vercmp upgrade problem is fixed (I hear Dan already
has a temporary solution in mind).

The current pacman package in [testing] fixes that issue.

Allan