Old 03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Dan McGee

Default mesa versions

What happened here? Was the downgrade to pkgrel of 0.1 on purpose (it
doesn't seem to be in SVN), or did these sneak in via someones staging
dir unintentionally?
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mesa/

It is mesa and all of its split packages.

-Dan

Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Jan de Groot

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 07:08 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> What happened here? Was the downgrade to pkgrel of 0.1 on purpose (it
> doesn't seem to be in SVN), or did these sneak in via someones staging
> dir unintentionally?
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mesa/
>
> It is mesa and all of its split packages.
>
> -Dan

This is on purpose. There's a 7.7.1-1 in testing, which contains
experimental stuff which I don't want in extra. As I need 7.7.1 in extra
for bugfixes and possible issues by linking GNOME 2.30 and friends
against it, I decided to make a 7.7.1-0.1 build that is compatible with
the 7.7 release in extra.
The changes have been committed directly to repos/* instead of trunk, as
trunk contains the latest changes for testing.

When GNOME has moved in I would like to start experimenting with
xorg-server 1.8, the new intel driver and mesa 7.8.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 07:08 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
>> What happened here? Was the downgrade to pkgrel of 0.1 on purpose (it
>> doesn't seem to be in SVN), or did these sneak in via someones staging
>> dir unintentionally?
>> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mesa/
>>
>> It is mesa and all of its split packages.
>>
>> -Dan
>
> This is on purpose. There's a 7.7.1-1 in testing, which contains
> experimental stuff which I don't want in extra. As I need 7.7.1 in extra
> for bugfixes and possible issues by linking GNOME 2.30 and friends
> against it, I decided to make a 7.7.1-0.1 build that is compatible with
> the 7.7 release in extra.
> The changes have been committed directly to repos/* instead of trunk, as
> trunk contains the latest changes for testing.
>
> When GNOME has moved in I would like to start experimenting with
> xorg-server 1.8, the new intel driver and mesa 7.8.

/me should have looked at repos/extra

Thanks for the explanation, Jan.

-Dan