-   -   Arch Linux Planet restriction (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/349507-arch-linux-planet-restriction.html)

Andrea Scarpino 03-31-2010 01:14 AM

Arch Linux Planet restriction

Hi everybody,
I'd like to know what do you think about adding some restriction to our
planet.

First of all, blogs should have an Arch Linux category.
In second, we could restrict access only to: DEVs, TUs, past DEVs, forum
moderators, wiki and flyspray contributors, pacman/AUR/projects.archlinux
contributors.
What about Arch Linux based projects?

Cheers

--
Andrea

"Allan McRae" 03-31-2010 01:21 AM

Arch Linux Planet restriction

I'd like to know what do you think about adding some restriction to our
planet.

First of all, blogs should have an Arch Linux category.

Are you proposing to only show those posts? That would change the
description "Planet Arch Linux is a window into the world, work and
lives of Arch Linux hackers and developers." to "Planet Arch just shows
Arch stuff"

Andrea Scarpino 03-31-2010 01:26 AM

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 03:21:12 Allan McRae wrote:
> Are you proposing to only show those posts? That would change the
> description "Planet Arch Linux is a window into the world, work and
> lives of Arch Linux hackers and developers." to "Planet Arch just shows
> Arch stuff"
Uhm, so I do wrong the Arch Linux Planet sense.

--
Andrea

"Allan McRae" 03-31-2010 01:57 AM

On 31/03/10 11:26, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 03:21:12 Allan McRae wrote:

Are you proposing to only show those posts? That would change the
description "Planet Arch Linux is a window into the world, work and
lives of Arch Linux hackers and developers." to "Planet Arch just shows
Arch stuff"

Uhm, so I do wrong the Arch Linux Planet sense.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say there...

Andrea Scarpino 03-31-2010 02:07 AM

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 03:57:14 Allan McRae wrote:
> Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say there...
Sorry Allan, I am tired and ill (fever)...

I meant that I misunderstood the Arch Linux Planet goal; I thought it's goal
was to show Arch Linux stuff (tip & tricks, howto, news, etc...), but seems
that I am wrong.

--
Andrea

Dan McGee 03-31-2010 05:17 AM

On Tuesday, March 30, 2010, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 March 2010 03:57:14 Allan McRae wrote:
>> Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say there...
> Sorry Allan, I am tired and ill (fever)...
>
> I meant that I misunderstood the Arch Linux Planet goal; I thought it's goal
> was to show Arch Linux stuff (tip & tricks, howto, news, etc...), but seems
> that I am wrong.

It isn't like we are overwhelmed with posts on there now; I think it
is quite alright to have the variety of posts we do, and maybe even
more. I am with Allan- I think of it more as a window into the world
of Arch rather than a tips and tricks blog (which are honestly avenues
the wiki, forums, and front page news already have covered).

tl;dr: Without random posts about Allan's lawnmower, I think it would
be a lot less interesting.

-Dan

Dieter Plaetinck 03-31-2010 07:22 AM

Arch Linux Planet restriction

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:17:57 -0500
Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Without random posts about Allan's lawnmower, I think it would
> be a lot less interesting.

:D