Old 03-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Jan de Groot

Default GNOME 2.30 release plans

Tarballs for GNOME 2.30.0 are due for March 29, 23:59 UTC. This means
new tarballs will get uploaded to the FTP today and tomorrow. Final
release is on Wednesday March 30.
At this moment I'm trying to follow the flow of tarballs in
gnome-unstable. Plans are to get this fully packaged in gnome-unstable.
When all is done, it should move to extra, I don't want to get another
duplication process through testing.

As it looks now, GNOME 2.30.0 should be done in gnome-unstable on
wednesday or thursday, we could have it in extra on saturday.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Allan McRae

Tarballs for GNOME 2.30.0 are due for March 29, 23:59 UTC. This means
new tarballs will get uploaded to the FTP today and tomorrow. Final
release is on Wednesday March 30.
At this moment I'm trying to follow the flow of tarballs in
gnome-unstable. Plans are to get this fully packaged in gnome-unstable.
When all is done, it should move to extra, I don't want to get another
duplication process through testing.

As it looks now, GNOME 2.30.0 should be done in gnome-unstable on
wednesday or thursday, we could have it in extra on saturday.

Sounds good to me. I am holding off the heimdal rebuilds until this has
moved.

Allan

Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Jan de Groot

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 09:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 29/03/10 00:31, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > Tarballs for GNOME 2.30.0 are due for March 29, 23:59 UTC. This means
> > new tarballs will get uploaded to the FTP today and tomorrow. Final
> > release is on Wednesday March 30.
> > At this moment I'm trying to follow the flow of tarballs in
> > gnome-unstable. Plans are to get this fully packaged in gnome-unstable.
> > When all is done, it should move to extra, I don't want to get another
> > duplication process through testing.
> >
> > As it looks now, GNOME 2.30.0 should be done in gnome-unstable on
> > wednesday or thursday, we could have it in extra on saturday.
> >

> Sounds good to me. I am holding off the heimdal rebuilds until this has
> moved.

Plans have changed a bit. Ionut has done a great job packaging all the
final versions while I was working or playing chess. I just packaged a
few rebuilds for gnome-desktop and libxklavier, they're in the
gnome-unstable repository also.
I would propose to move this to extra right after GNOME 2.30.0 has been
announced upstream, this will be the fastest GNOME release on Archlinux
ever.