Old 03-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default cpio-2.11-1

Hi guys,
bump to latest version
please signoff both arches

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org
tpowa@archlinux.org

Old 03-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Allan McRae

On 22/03/10 02:25, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Hi guys,
bump to latest version
please signoff both arches

greetings
tpowa

We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
So, this can just move to [extra].

Allan

Old 03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Jan de Groot

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 08:38 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 22/03/10 02:25, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > bump to latest version
> > please signoff both arches
> >
> > greetings
> > tpowa
>
> We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
> bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
> So, this can just move to [extra].
>
> Allan

AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
use bsdtar instead then.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Allan McRae

We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
So, this can just move to [extra].

Allan

AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
use bsdtar instead then.

I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Allan McRae

We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
So, this can just move to [extra].

Allan

AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
use bsdtar instead then.

I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.

In fact, make that definite. Looking at my pacman logs, I have not had
cpio on my system for over a year...

Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 schrieb Allan McRae:
> On 22/03/10 08:54, Allan McRae wrote:

> >> AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
> >> not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
> >> Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
> >> use bsdtar instead then.
> >
> > I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.
>
> In fact, make that definite. Looking at my pacman logs, I have not had
> cpio on my system for over a year...
mkinitcpio uses gen_init_cpio and not cpio.
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 22 März 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 schrieb Allan McRae:

> > > I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.
> >
> > In fact, make that definite. Looking at my pacman logs, I have not had
> > cpio on my system for over a year...
>
> mkinitcpio uses gen_init_cpio and not cpio.
> greetings
> tpowa
done and moved to extra repository
greetings