-   -   cpio-2.11-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/344853-cpio-2-11-1-a.html)

Tobias Powalowski 03-21-2010 03:25 PM

cpio-2.11-1

Hi guys,
bump to latest version
please signoff both arches

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org
tpowa@archlinux.org

Allan McRae 03-21-2010 09:38 PM

cpio-2.11-1

On 22/03/10 02:25, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Hi guys,
bump to latest version
please signoff both arches

greetings
tpowa

We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
So, this can just move to [extra].

Allan

Jan de Groot 03-21-2010 09:49 PM

cpio-2.11-1

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 08:38 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 22/03/10 02:25, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > bump to latest version
> > please signoff both arches
> >
> > greetings
> > tpowa
>
> We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
> bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
> So, this can just move to [extra].
>
> Allan

AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
use bsdtar instead then.

Allan McRae 03-21-2010 09:54 PM

cpio-2.11-1

We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
So, this can just move to [extra].

Allan

AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
use bsdtar instead then.

I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.

Allan McRae 03-21-2010 09:55 PM

cpio-2.11-1

We discussed moving this out of [core] as part of the base cleanup as
bsdtar already does its job. I just never got around to moving it...
So, this can just move to [extra].

Allan

AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
use bsdtar instead then.

I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.

In fact, make that definite. Looking at my pacman logs, I have not had
cpio on my system for over a year...

Tobias Powalowski 03-22-2010 05:20 AM

cpio-2.11-1

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 schrieb Allan McRae:
> On 22/03/10 08:54, Allan McRae wrote:

> >> AFAIK you need to specify a special flag for mkinitcpio (-H newc if I'm
> >> not mistaken). Does bsdtar support this also?
> >> Before moving this to extra, the mkinitcpio script should be modified to
> >> use bsdtar instead then.
> >
> > I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.
>
> In fact, make that definite. Looking at my pacman logs, I have not had
> cpio on my system for over a year...
mkinitcpio uses gen_init_cpio and not cpio.
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Tobias Powalowski 04-07-2010 06:04 PM

cpio-2.11-1

Am Montag 22 März 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 schrieb Allan McRae:

> > > I'm fairly sure that mkinitcpio does not use cpio but gen_init_cpio.
> >
> > In fact, make that definite. Looking at my pacman logs, I have not had
> > cpio on my system for over a year...
>
> mkinitcpio uses gen_init_cpio and not cpio.
> greetings
> tpowa
done and moved to extra repository
greetings