Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default mdadm-3.1.2-2

This is a bugfix/stability release over 3.1.1.

Significant changes are:
- The default metadata has change again (sorry about that).
It is now v1.2 and will hopefully stay that way. It turned
out there with boot-block issues with v1.1 which make it
unsuitable for a default, though in many cases it is still
suitable to use.
- Stopping a container is not permitted when members are still
active
- Add 'homehost' to the valid words for the "AUTO" config file
line. When followed by "-all", this causes mdadm to
auto-assemble any array belonging to this host, but not
auto-assemble anything else.
- Fix some bugs with "--grow --chunksize=" for changing chunksize.
- VAR_RUN can be easily changed at compile time just like ALT_RUN.
This gives distros more flexability in how to manage the
pid and sock files that mdmon needs.
- Various mdmon fixes
- Alway make bitmap 4K-aligned if at all possible.
- If mdadm.conf lists arrays which have inter-dependencies,
the previously had to be listed in the "right" order. Now
any order should work.
- Fix --force assembly of v1.x arrays which are in the process
of recovering.
- Add section on 'scrubbing' to 'md' man page.
- Various command-line-option parsing improvements.
- ... and lots of other bug fixes.

Please signoff both arches,
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 00:04:38 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Please signoff both arches,

At least my current setup still works (did rebuild initramfs). Singing off
x86_64

Old 03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Samstag 20 März 2010 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 00:04:38 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > Please signoff both arches,
>
> At least my current setup still works (did rebuild initramfs). Singing off
> x86_64
anyone else for i686?

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Samstag 20 März 2010 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> > Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 00:04:38 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > > Please signoff both arches,
> >
> > At least my current setup still works (did rebuild initramfs). Singing
> > off x86_64
>
> anyone else for i686?
bump?

--