Old 03-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default Please lock this thread on forum

Am Donnerstag 18 März 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Hi guys, i need a forum moderator,
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90886
>
> thx
> new files released, new thread opened.
> greetings
> tpowa
thx allan locked it

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Thayer Williams

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi guys, i need a forum moderator,
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90886

A bit off-topic, but have you considered hosting the project
'homepage' as an article at the wiki? You could lock it down to keep
tampering to a minimum, but still take advantage of the existing
formatting (lists, headings, etc) and allow for better international
support/translation.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Donnerstag 18 März 2010 schrieb Thayer Williams:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi guys, i need a forum moderator,
> > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90886
>
> A bit off-topic, but have you considered hosting the project
> 'homepage' as an article at the wiki? You could lock it down to keep
> tampering to a minimum, but still take advantage of the existing
> formatting (lists, headings, etc) and allow for better international
> support/translation.
hrm didn't thought about that, probably because of lack of knowlegde, where
and how to do it.
Any hints?
thx
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 18.03.2010 21:30, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Donnerstag 18 März 2010 schrieb Thayer Williams:
>> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Hi guys, i need a forum moderator,
>>> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90886
>>
>> A bit off-topic, but have you considered hosting the project
>> 'homepage' as an article at the wiki? You could lock it down to keep
>> tampering to a minimum, but still take advantage of the existing
>> formatting (lists, headings, etc) and allow for better international
>> support/translation.
> hrm didn't thought about that, probably because of lack of knowlegde, where
> and how to do it.
> Any hints?
> thx
> greetings
> tpowa

Just create a wiki article. You have admin rights on the wiki, so you
should be able to protect it. I don't remember exactly how, but I find
it out every time I try.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Donnerstag 18 März 2010 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Am 18.03.2010 21:30, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> >>
> >> A bit off-topic, but have you considered hosting the project
> >> 'homepage' as an article at the wiki? You could lock it down to keep
> >> tampering to a minimum, but still take advantage of the existing
> >> formatting (lists, headings, etc) and allow for better international
> >> support/translation.
> >
> > hrm didn't thought about that, probably because of lack of knowlegde,
> > where and how to do it.
> > Any hints?
> > thx
> > greetings
> > tpowa
>
> Just create a wiki article. You have admin rights on the wiki, so you
> should be able to protect it. I don't remember exactly how, but I find
> it out every time I try.
Ah ok, will do so
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 04-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Old 07-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Old 07-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Allan McRae

On 17/07/10 06:00, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Hi guys, i need a forum moderator,

Done, but you are better of using the "Report" button in the forum for
this kind of request. A decent portion of the moderators will not read
this list.

Allan

Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Samstag 17 Juli 2010 schrieb Allan McRae:
> On 17/07/10 06:00, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> > Hi guys, i need a forum moderator,
> > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=97527
>
> Done, but you are better of using the "Report" button in the forum for
> this kind of request. A decent portion of the moderators will not read
> this list.
>
> Allan
Thx for the info will do so next time.
greetings