Old 03-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default kernel26 2.6.33.1-1

No idea if it is time for signoff yet, I have to check that with tpowa.
However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:

- Added a trivial patch to support my touchpad (selfish, I know, but it
is already accepted upstream for 2.6.34)
- Removed EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT23 due to some problems that upstream isn't
quite finished discussing yet - we can keep using the ext2 and ext3
drivers for now.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:

Just correcting in case anyone gets confused: 2.6.33.1

Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> No idea if it is time for signoff yet, I have to check that with tpowa.
> However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:
>
> - Added a trivial patch to support my touchpad (selfish, I know, but it
> is already accepted upstream for 2.6.34)
> - Removed EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT23 due to some problems that upstream isn't
> quite finished discussing yet - we can keep using the ext2 and ext3
> drivers for now.

I'm getting a:
error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
when building my initrc. The device exist and is my CD-drive. This is
on i686. Ask if you need more info.

>>> Generating initial ramdisk, using mkinitcpio. Please wait...
==> Building image "default"
==> Running command: /sbin/mkinitcpio -k 2.6.33-ARCH -c
/etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/kernel26.img
:: Begin build
:: Parsing hook [base]
:: Parsing hook [udev]
:: Parsing hook [autodetect]
error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
:: Parsing hook [pata]
:: Parsing hook [usbinput]
:: Parsing hook [keymap]
:: Parsing hook [lvm2]
:: Parsing hook [filesystems]
:: Generating module dependencies
:: Generating image '/boot/kernel26.img'...SUCCESS
==> SUCCESS

Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 00:14:42 Eric Bélanger wrote:
> I'm getting a:
> error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
> when building my initrc. The device exist and is my CD-drive. This is
> on i686. Ask if you need more info.

> ==> Building image "default"
> ==> Running command: /sbin/mkinitcpio -k 2.6.33-ARCH -c
> /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/kernel26.img
>
> :: Begin build
> :: Parsing hook [base]
> :: Parsing hook [udev]
> :: Parsing hook [autodetect]
>
> error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
>
> :: Parsing hook [pata]
> :: Parsing hook [usbinput]
> :: Parsing hook [keymap]
> :: Parsing hook [lvm2]
> :: Parsing hook [filesystems]
> :: Generating module dependencies
> :: Generating image '/boot/kernel26.img'...SUCCESS
>
> ==> SUCCESS
same output here on x86_64

--
Andrea

Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Allan McRae

[...]

I have seen this too and someone else just posted to the forums about
it: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=93216 . Anyway, I'd say
this is a mkinitcpio issue and not kernel issue and should go to the bug
tracker to avoid cluttering the signoff thread.

Allan

Old 03-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

No idea if it is time for signoff yet, I have to check that with tpowa.
However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:

- Added a trivial patch to support my touchpad (selfish, I know, but it
is already accepted upstream for 2.6.34)
- Removed EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT23 due to some problems that upstream isn't
quite finished discussing yet - we can keep using the ext2 and ext3
drivers for now.

I'm getting a:
error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
when building my initrc. The device exist and is my CD-drive. This is
on i686. Ask if you need more info

This is already reported here:

FS#18585 - [mkinitcpio] Silent error message: No medium found in
autodetect hook

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18585

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar

Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 AM
Dale Blount

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 09:34 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 16/03/10 09:14, Eric Bélanger wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Thomas Bächler<thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >> No idea if it is time for signoff yet, I have to check that with tpowa.
> >> However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:
> >>
> >> - Added a trivial patch to support my touchpad (selfish, I know, but it
> >> is already accepted upstream for 2.6.34)
> >> - Removed EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT23 due to some problems that upstream isn't
> >> quite finished discussing yet - we can keep using the ext2 and ext3
> >> drivers for now.
> >>

> > I'm getting a:
> > error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
> > when building my initrc. The device exist and is my CD-drive. This is
> > on i686. Ask if you need more info.

> > ==> Building image "default"
> > ==> Running command: /sbin/mkinitcpio -k 2.6.33-ARCH -c
> > /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/kernel26.img
> > :: Begin build
> > :: Parsing hook [base]
> > :: Parsing hook [udev]
> > :: Parsing hook [autodetect]
> > error: /dev/sr0: No medium found
> > :: Parsing hook [pata]
> > :: Parsing hook [usbinput]
> > :: Parsing hook [keymap]
> > :: Parsing hook [lvm2]
> > :: Parsing hook [filesystems]
> > :: Generating module dependencies
> > :: Generating image '/boot/kernel26.img'...SUCCESS
> > ==> SUCCESS
> >

> I have seen this too and someone else just posted to the forums about
> it: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=93216 . Anyway, I'd say
> this is a mkinitcpio issue and not kernel issue and should go to the bug
> tracker to avoid cluttering the signoff thread.
>
> Allan

I'd have to agree there, I got the same output on 2.6.32.9-1 earlier
today.

Dale

Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 15. März 2010 20:16:30 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> No idea if it is time for signoff yet, I have to check that with tpowa.
> However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:
>
> - Added a trivial patch to support my touchpad (selfish, I know, but it
> is already accepted upstream for 2.6.34)
> - Removed EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT23 due to some problems that upstream isn't
> quite finished discussing yet - we can keep using the ext2 and ext3
> drivers for now.

sign off x86_64

Old 03-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Paul Mattal

No idea if it is time for signoff yet, I have to check that with tpowa.
However, I put 2.6.31.1 in testing with these changes:

- Added a trivial patch to support my touchpad (selfish, I know, but it
is already accepted upstream for 2.6.34)
- Removed EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT23 due to some problems that upstream isn't
quite finished discussing yet - we can keep using the ext2 and ext3
drivers for now.

sign off x86_64

sign off i686 (kernel26 and kernel26-firmware)

Also, I've taken Allan's advice and running "paclist testing" and
comparing it against the web signoff and signing off more stuff that way
lately.

So if you're missing signoffs for i686 (the only box I have where I can
run testing), try the web interface.

What's a good/easy way to test the kernel headers?

- P

Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 16.03.2010 13:58, schrieb Paul Mattal:
> What's a good/easy way to test the kernel headers?

Compile some kernel module. The only testing we actually need is
kernel26 though, if the rest breaks it probably won't hurt anyone.