Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 AM
"Allan McRae"

Default Rebuild list scripts

Hi,

I know of at least three of us that have written rebuild list scripts.
Can we get a common one into devtools or something?

I posted one here a long time ago. See:
http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildlist .

There is also a script that tries (and fails) to give a rebuild order:
http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildorder . It parses "pacman -Si
<pkg>" to get deps so misses makedeps altogether...

Or could we get something running on gerolde. It could be efficient and
create a list of needed libraries for each package which is then updated
via a cron job. Then generating a rebuild list would be a grep and could
even be down automatically through the TODO list interface...

Allan

Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Daenyth Blank

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 20:49, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know of at least three of us that have written rebuild list scripts. *Can
> we get a common one into devtools or something?
Bonus points if it can work outside the official repos. We have one in
the arch-games repo that I copied off someone or another, but I don't
really think it's that great.

Wasn't there a script that diffs the file list from version a to b to
help find so bumps? It would be nice if that were more visible, though
I'm not sure how... Perhaps scan before a db update... Dunno.
Currently generating a rebuild list for non-official repos is a bit of
a pain.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 AM
"Allan McRae"

On 10/03/10 11:54, Daenyth Blank wrote:

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 20:49, Allan McRae<allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

Hi,

I know of at least three of us that have written rebuild list scripts. Can
we get a common one into devtools or something?

Bonus points if it can work outside the official repos. We have one in
the arch-games repo that I copied off someone or another, but I don't
really think it's that great.

Mine just takes a folder to scan because I run it on my pacman cache
(which contains all core and extra and whatever I use in community).

Wasn't there a script that diffs the file list from version a to b to
help find so bumps? It would be nice if that were more visible, though
I'm not sure how...

You mean "checkpkg" from devtools?

Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Daenyth Blank

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 20:58, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Mine just takes a folder to scan because I run it on my pacman cache (which
> contains all core and extra and whatever I use in community).
The one we use does also, it's just a pain sometimes to get the soname
to search for, especially when it's something like boost that tends to
change a bunch.

> You mean "checkpkg" from devtools?
Sounds about right.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2010 02:49:57 schrieb Allan McRae:
> Hi,
>
> I know of at least three of us that have written rebuild list scripts.
> Can we get a common one into devtools or something?
>
> I posted one here a long time ago. See:
> http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildlist .
>
> There is also a script that tries (and fails) to give a rebuild order:
> http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildorder . It parses "pacman -Si
> <pkg>" to get deps so misses makedeps altogether...
>
> Or could we get something running on gerolde. It could be efficient and
> create a list of needed libraries for each package which is then updated
> via a cron job. Then generating a rebuild list would be a grep and could
> even be down automatically through the TODO list interface...
>
> Allan

See http://www.mail-archive.com/arch-dev-public@archlinux.org/msg08609.html

I could work on improving that; but at that time my suggestion to create those
link db files and put them on the mirrors didn't find much support. There was
also this approach to put those lists into each package itself (see pacman-dev
for sodeps)

However: I could work on a more robust script and put it into dbscripts and
let it run on gerolde. A client side script (e.g. in devtools)( could then
generate rebuild lists. For example something like:

create-rebuild-list foo-1.1.pkg.tar.gz foo-1.2.tar.xz > rebuild-list.txt