Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 AM
"James Rayner"

Default kernel headers in a separate package

Apparently it's taken me 2 months to notice this because I've been
building my own kernel, but I'll ask anyway... The kernel headers
required to build kernel modules have been put in a separate package
"kernel26-headers". We don't separate dev headers for anything else -
why is this different?

Second, linux-api-headers used to be called "kernel-headers" and now
there's easily 100 posts on the forum that say "the headers don't need
to match the kernel" - which are all now completely incorrect.

Thoughts?