-   -   xorg-server expertise (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/337692-xorg-server-expertise.html)

Paul Mattal 03-07-2010 10:27 PM

xorg-server expertise

I'm trying to build xorg-server from git, in order to bisect some bad
behavior.

It appears the tarball releases and what's in git aren't the same,
though. Right out of the gate, I get:

configure.ac:42: error: must install xorg-macros 1.2 or later before
running autoconf/autogen

configure.ac:42: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
Aborting...

Is there any straightforward way to easily build packages from
bisect-identified revisions so that I can properly test?

- P

Jan de Groot 03-07-2010 10:28 PM

xorg-server expertise

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 18:27 -0500, Paul Mattal wrote:
> I'm trying to build xorg-server from git, in order to bisect some bad
> behavior.
>
> It appears the tarball releases and what's in git aren't the same,
> though. Right out of the gate, I get:
>
> configure.ac:42: error: must install xorg-macros 1.2 or later before
> running autoconf/autogen
> configure.ac:42: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> ==> ERROR: Build Failed.
> Aborting...
>
> Is there any straightforward way to easily build packages from
> bisect-identified revisions so that I can properly test?
>
> - P

You will need xorg-util-macros installed to build from git. The tarballs
contain pregenerated configure and Makefile.in files, so you don't need
xorg-util-macros in that case.