Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Paul Mattal

Default groff 1.20.1-4 (1 for each arch)

This is a bugfix for our site.tmac file. Nothing else is changed.

Previously, if you ran:

$ zcat /usr/share/man/man1/groff.1.gz | groff -man -Tps > foo.ps

this you'd get an initial blank page in your output, and a warning:

grops:<standard input>:6: X command without `ps:' tag ignored

This was due to errant whitespace in our site.tmac file, as pointed out in:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15479

Please sign off by testing a few manpages and, if you really want to go
all out, test the commandline above and see the improved result.

- P

Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> This is a bugfix for our site.tmac file. Nothing else is changed.
>
> Previously, if you ran:
>
> $ zcat /usr/share/man/man1/groff.1.gz | groff -man -Tps > foo.ps
>
> this you'd get an initial blank page in your output, and a warning:
>
> grops:<standard input>:6: X command without `ps:' tag ignored
>
> This was due to errant whitespace in our site.tmac file, as pointed out in:
>
> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15479
>
> Please sign off by testing a few manpages and, if you really want to go all
> out, test the commandline above and see the improved result.
>
> - P

signoff x86_64

Ronald

Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Giovanni Scafora

This is a bugfix for our site.tmac file. Nothing else is changed.

Previously, if you ran:

$ zcat /usr/share/man/man1/groff.1.gz | groff -man -Tps > foo.ps

this you'd get an initial blank page in your output, and a warning:

grops:<standard input>:6: X command without `ps:' tag ignored

This was due to errant whitespace in our site.tmac file, as pointed out in:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15479

Please sign off by testing a few manpages and, if you really want to go
all out, test the commandline above and see the improved result.

- P

signoff i686

--
Arch Linux Developer