Old 01-10-2008, 06:20 AM
"Jan de Groot"

Default FW: New extra package: gnucash

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mark Schneider [mailto:queueram@gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 10 januari 2008 7:31
Aan: Jan de Groot; Aaron Griffin
Onderwerp: Re: [arch-dev-public] New extra package: gnucash

On Jan 9, 2008 11:01 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 10:54 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > 4. I was waiting for the next release for this, but the scrollkeeper
> > dep has been replaced by rarian
>
> Ah, you mean removal of scrollkeeper-update statements from the .install
> file, removing scrollkeeper/rarian from dependencies and adding
> gnome-doc-utils>=0.12.0 to makedepends
> There's no reason to have rarian installed if you don't have a help
> viewer installed. Currently, yelp is the only scrollkeeper help viewer
> and depends on rarian.

You seem to know more about this than i do!

Ok, i've stripped out all the scrollkeeper from gnucash and updated
the gnucash-docs package (should these have been merged? they are
separate .tar.gz sources, so i've just made them separate packages),
and updated the version to 2.2.3. I also removed the aqbanking
dependency. Before that, i checked to see if you could build gnucash
with aqbanking, but not have it listed as a dependency, and it ran
fine. It had the internet banking options in the Tools menu if it
found aqbanking, or removed it if it could not. However, since
something is still the matter with aqbanking or with where gnucash
expects it to be (it gives an error message indicating that it cannot
locate some aqbanking utility when clicking through the wizard), i
just removed it entirely. There were some users in the past that used
it, however.

Anyway, new PKGBUILDs and .install files are up in AUR. I've got the
old ones around if you want to compare.

NOTE: slib is still a problem. without some crazy workarounds,
gnucash won't build properly with anything after slib-3a1.

Again, please forward this on to the mailing list for reference.

Regards,
Mark

Old 01-10-2008, 04:25 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 10, 2008 1:20 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I also removed the aqbanking
> dependency. Before that, i checked to see if you could build gnucash
> with aqbanking, but not have it listed as a dependency, and it ran
> fine. It had the internet banking options in the Tools menu if it
> found aqbanking, or removed it if it could not. However, since
> something is still the matter with aqbanking or with where gnucash
> expects it to be (it gives an error message indicating that it cannot
> locate some aqbanking utility when clicking through the wizard), i
> just removed it entirely. There were some users in the past that used
> it, however.

Great! Ok, so to see if I have this right, aqbanking can be enabled
without the package installed, and it works fine unless you use the
aqbanking wizard?

I'd almost be fine with that, and a post-install/post-upgrade message
to that effect ("Install aqbanking from unsupported"), assuming I did
grasp all that right.

If this is the case, and aqbanking is gone from the deps, do I get the
+1s back again, heh?

> Anyway, new PKGBUILDs and .install files are up in AUR. I've got the
> old ones around if you want to compare.
>
> NOTE: slib is still a problem. without some crazy workarounds,
> gnucash won't build properly with anything after slib-3a1.

Yeah, and even worse is my trying to upgrade goffice at the same time.
Yay breakage! Don't worry though, I'll get it

PS This is a huge amount of discussion for this package. It's kinda neat.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
"Varun Acharya"

If this is the case, and aqbanking is gone from the deps, do I get the
+1s back again, heh?
Yup, knock yourself out ... +1

Old 01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

> > dependency. Before that, i checked to see if you could build gnucash
> > with aqbanking, but not have it listed as a dependency, and it ran
> > fine. It had the internet banking options in the Tools menu if it
> > found aqbanking, or removed it if it could not. However, since
> > something is still the matter with aqbanking or with where gnucash
> > expects it to be (it gives an error message indicating that it cannot
> > locate some aqbanking utility when clicking through the wizard), i
> > just removed it entirely. There were some users in the past that used
> > it, however.
>
> Great! Ok, so to see if I have this right, aqbanking can be enabled
> without the package installed, and it works fine unless you use the
> aqbanking wizard?
>
> I'd almost be fine with that, and a post-install/post-upgrade message
> to that effect ("Install aqbanking from unsupported"), assuming I did
> grasp all that right.

Let me rephrase: if you have aqbanking as a makedepends, you can build
it with support for it. If you have it installed, at run time,
gnucash will populate an "Online Banking Setup" menu item in the
"Tools" menu. If you don't, that menu item won't appear. The "Online
Banking Setup" brings up a wizard-like window that you click next
through and it will try to locate some aqbanking utility, which has
only failed for me, and is reported in the forums [1].

So, yes, in my experience, you can generate that post-install/upgrade
message, if you had aqbanking as a makedepends with the appropriate
configure flags.

> > Anyway, new PKGBUILDs and .install files are up in AUR. I've got the
> > old ones around if you want to compare.
> >
> > NOTE: slib is still a problem. without some crazy workarounds,
> > gnucash won't build properly with anything after slib-3a1.
>
> Yeah, and even worse is my trying to upgrade goffice at the same time.
> Yay breakage! Don't worry though, I'll get it

The slib issues have been detailed in the forums [2][3] and on the AUR page [4].

As usual, please forward this to the list.

Thanks,
Mark

[1] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=38929
[2] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=39282
[3] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=41043
[4] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=8916

Old 01-11-2008, 08:31 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/1/11, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> [...]

Errr... don't we require that makedepends should be at the same or
higher level repo as package that require them?

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)