Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default openssl 0.9.8m-2 (critical)

Hi all,

A change in openssl triggered a problem in at least encfs which might lead to
data loss but at least results in unmountable encfs containers.

See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18564 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571810 and the upstream commit:
http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=19336

I did some basic testing and it still passes the test suite. I ask you to sign
this off soon as this might be quite critical to at least those who use encfs.

Greetings,

Pierre

Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Dan McGee

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A change in openssl triggered a problem in at least encfs which might lead to
> data loss but at least results in unmountable encfs containers.
>
> See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18564 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
> bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571810 and the upstream commit:
> http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=19336
>
> I did some basic testing and it still passes the test suite. I ask you to sign
> this off soon as this might be quite critical to at least those who use encfs.

Signoff i686

Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 AM
"Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)"

On 03/04/10 at 07:49pm, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A change in openssl triggered a problem in at least encfs which might lead to
> > data loss but at least results in unmountable encfs containers.
> >
> > See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18564 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
> > bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571810 and the upstream commit:
> > http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=19336
> >
> > I did some basic testing and it still passes the test suite. I ask you to sign
> > this off soon as this might be quite critical to at least those who use encfs.
>
> Signoff i686

signoff i686

Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 AM

On 03/04/10 at 07:56pm, Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227) wrote:
> On 03/04/10 at 07:49pm, Dan McGee wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > A change in openssl triggered a problem in at least encfs which might lead to
> > > data loss but at least results in unmountable encfs containers.
> > >
> > > See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18564 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
> > > bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571810 and the upstream commit:
> > > http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=19336
> > >
> > > I did some basic testing and it still passes the test suite. I ask you to sign
> > > this off soon as this might be quite critical to at least those who use encfs.
> >
> > Signoff i686
>
> signoff i686
> --
And another one for x86_64