Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default drop loop-aes from util-linux-ng?

Hi guys,
according to Thomas statement in this bug:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18119

Do we still need the loop aes patch?
I don't use it at all.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Thomas Bchler

Am 04.03.2010 21:06, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Hi guys,
> according to Thomas statement in this bug:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18119
>
> Do we still need the loop aes patch?
> I don't use it at all.

Repeating that statement here: loop-aes is
1) Deprecated in favor of dm-crypt
2) Never going to be merged upstream

This violates Arch policies and always has. Plus, we are waiting for
util-linux-ng bugfixes because we have no current loop-aes patch - that
is just crazy.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Dan McGee

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 04.03.2010 21:06, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
>> Hi guys,
>> according to Thomas statement in this bug:
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18119
>>
>> Do we still need the loop aes patch?
>> I don't use it at all.
>
> Repeating that statement here: loop-aes is
> 1) Deprecated in favor of dm-crypt
> 2) Never going to be merged upstream
>
> This violates Arch policies and always has. Plus, we are waiting for
> util-linux-ng bugfixes because we have no current loop-aes patch - that
> is just crazy.

+1 on dropping it

Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Roman Kyrylych

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 22:53, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 04.03.2010 21:06, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
>> Hi guys,
>> according to Thomas statement in this bug:
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18119
>>
>> Do we still need the loop aes patch?
>> I don't use it at all.
>
> Repeating that statement here: loop-aes is
> 1) Deprecated in favor of dm-crypt
> 2) Never going to be merged upstream
>
> This violates Arch policies and always has. Plus, we are waiting for
> util-linux-ng bugfixes because we have no current loop-aes patch - that
> is just crazy.

I agree with every word,
didn't even know we had loop-aes.

--