FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default Ant issue after bump

Am Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:03:22 +0100
schrieb Giovanni Scafora <giovanni@archlinux.org>:

> I am being serious, no sarcastic here.
> Samba package was not old only because before I've rebuilt it to the
> 3.4.6 version, if not it was (old) to 3.4.5 version.
> BTW, no problem, I will stay away from packages that are not mine.

that's not the wanted reaction. helping out on updates is wanted. but
please be careful and talk to the one you want to help.

something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html

Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again? Run ant
--diagnostics. Probably some stuff is missing (xerces and xalan are
present). I'd like to call everybody with some java experience for
help here. I even don't have an old ant version in my pkg cache to
downgrade for now

-Andy
 
Old 03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Giovanni Scafora
 
Default Ant issue after bump

2010/3/2, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:
> Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again? Run ant
> --diagnostics. Probably some stuff is missing (xerces and xalan are
> present). I'd like to call everybody with some java experience for
> help here. I even don't have an old ant version in my pkg cache to
> downgrade for now

Downgrade it.
You can download it for x86_64 here:
http://schlunix.org/archlinux/extra/os/x86_64/apache-ant-1.7.1-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
and for i686 here:
http://schlunix.org/archlinux/extra/os/i686/apache-ant-1.7.1-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz


--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org
http://www.archlinux.it
 
Old 03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Giovanni Scafora
 
Default Ant issue after bump

2010/3/2, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:
> something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html
>
> Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again?

I apologize for that, I can't fix it. It's not my package.
Sorry, but I will stay away from packages that are not mine.
I just given you link to the previous version of apache-ant package.
If you want, you can rebuild and force it to the previous version,
then push it in extra repo.


--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org
http://www.archlinux.it
 
Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Paul Mattal
 
Default Ant issue after bump

On 03/02/2010 10:54 AM, Giovanni Scafora wrote:

2010/3/2, Andreas Radke<a.radke@arcor.de>:

something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html

Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again?


I apologize for that, I can't fix it. It's not my package.
Sorry, but I will stay away from packages that are not mine.
I just given you link to the previous version of apache-ant package.
If you want, you can rebuild and force it to the previous version,
then push it in extra repo.


I'll look into this as soon as I can. Hopefully by the weekend.

I think the observation here was only to avoid doing big bumps (the
kinds that break stuff) without coordinating with the maintainer.
There's sometimes reasons those take a longer time, just because
these sorts of details have to be figured out in advance.


In general, I find having people help me out with minor bumps and
fixes is really useful.


- P
 
Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default Ant issue after bump

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Giovanni Scafora
<giovanni@archlinux.org> wrote:
> 2010/3/2, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:
>> *Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again? Run ant
>> *--diagnostics. Probably some stuff is missing (xerces and xalan are
>> *present). I'd like to call everybody with some java experience for
>> *help here. I even don't have an old ant version in my pkg cache to
>> *downgrade for now
>
> Downgrade it.
> You can download it for x86_64 here:
> http://schlunix.org/archlinux/extra/os/x86_64/apache-ant-1.7.1-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
> and for i686 here:
> http://schlunix.org/archlinux/extra/os/i686/apache-ant-1.7.1-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>

FTR: You can always get old packages from /srv/package-cleanup/ on
gerolde. The very old ones are removed but they remain there for a
relatively long time.
 
Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Henning Garus
 
Default Ant issue after bump

On Tue, 02.03.2010 um 16:30 +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html
>
> Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again? Run ant
> --diagnostics. Probably some stuff is missing (xerces and xalan are
> present). I'd like to call everybody with some java experience for
> help here.

The build failure is triggered by a bug in ant 1.8.0, which is already fixed
in their SVN:

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48782
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=912258

As a workaround you can put symlinks to
/usr/share/java/{xalan.jar,serializer.jar} into
/usr/share/java/apache-ant/lib/ , which makes ant use the xslt processor
provided by xalan-java instead of the one from openjdk. As a side effect this
avoids the NullPointerException which caused ant -diagnostics to fail.
 
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Paul Mattal
 
Default Ant issue after bump

On 03/02/2010 10:54 AM, Giovanni Scafora wrote:

2010/3/2, Andreas Radke<a.radke@arcor.de>:

something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html

Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again?


I apologize for that, I can't fix it. It's not my package.
Sorry, but I will stay away from packages that are not mine.
I just given you link to the previous version of apache-ant package.
If you want, you can rebuild and force it to the previous version,
then push it in extra repo.


At first glance, this looks like exactly what happens to me when I try
to build openjdk6 with ant 1.8.0. I'll look at what Debian did to fix it
and see if it will work for us:


http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-rc@lists.debian.org/msg210628.html

- P
 
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Paul Mattal
 
Default Ant issue after bump

On 03/03/2010 07:54 AM, Paul Mattal wrote:

On 03/02/2010 10:54 AM, Giovanni Scafora wrote:

2010/3/2, Andreas Radke<a.radke@arcor.de>:

something different: you have bumped apache-ant - please look at this

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-February/008464.html


Any ideas how to fix our ant pkg that I can build OpenJDK again?


I apologize for that, I can't fix it. It's not my package.
Sorry, but I will stay away from packages that are not mine.
I just given you link to the previous version of apache-ant package.
If you want, you can rebuild and force it to the previous version,
then push it in extra repo.


At first glance, this looks like exactly what happens to me when I try
to build openjdk6 with ant 1.8.0. I'll look at what Debian did to fix it
and see if it will work for us:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-rc@lists.debian.org/msg210628.html


So it looks like a straightforward patch-- but we don't build ant from
source. Starting to do that is theoretically possible, but not trivial.


Also, this patch is already accepted and targeted for 1.8.1.

I'll think about the compiling from source option. It would clearly give
us more flexibility in situations like this. I seem to recall we ran
into other problems with it in the past, though.


- P
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:43 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org