Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Eric Bélanger

Default lvm2/device-mapper 2.02.61-1

Hi,

lvm2/device-mapper 2.02.61-1 are now in testing:

- minor upstream update
- Add optional lvmwait= command line parameter, fixes FS#18428

Please test and signoff. Signoffs from users are welcome.

Eric

lvm2:
Version 2.02.61 - 15th February 2010
====================================
Fix some consts and floating point gcc warnings.
Fix dm_report_field_uint64 function to accept 64-bit ints.
Change readhead display to use 32-bit -1 const instead of 64-bit.
Add LVM_SUPPRESS_LOCKING_FAILURE_MESSAGES environment variable.
Remove hard-coding that skipped _mimage devices from 11-dm-lvm.rules.
Use udev transactions in test suite.
Set udev state automatically instead of using LVM_UDEV_DISABLE_CHECKING.
Add lvm_pv_get_size, lvm_pv_get_free and lvm_pv_get_dev_size to lvm2app.
Change lvm2app to return all sizes in bytes as documented (not sectors).
Add 'fail_if_percent_unsupported' arg to _percent and _percent_run.
Remove false "failed to find tree node" error when activating merging origin.
Exit with success when lvconvert --repair --use-policies performs no action.
Accept a list of LVs with 'lvconvert --merge @tag' using process_each_lv.
Avoid unnecessary second resync when adding mimage to core-logged mirror.
Exclude internal VG names and uuids from lists returned through liblvm.
Add %ORIGIN support to lv{create,extend,reduce,resize} --extents.
Add _mda_copy to clone a struct metadata_area.
Remove pointless versioned symlinks to dmeventd plugin libraries.
Fix dmeventd snapshot plugin build dependency.
Make clvmd -V return status zero.
Remove unnecessary 'dmsetup resume' following 'dmsetup create' in tests.
Fix cmirrord segfault in clog_cpg list processing when converting mirror log.
Deactivate temporary pvmove mirror cluster-wide when activating it fails.
Always query device by uuid and not name in clvmd.
Add missing metadata vg_reverts in pvmove error paths.
Unlock shared lock in clvmd if activation calls fail.
Return success from dev_manager_info with non-existent uuid if ioctl succeeds.

device-mapper:
Version 1.02.44 - 15th February 2010
====================================
Add DM_UDEV_DISABLE_LIBRARY_FALLBACK udev flag to rely on udev only.
Export dm_udev_create_cookie function to create new cookies on demand.
Add --udevcookie, udevcreatecookie and udevreleasecookie to dmsetup.
Set udev state automatically instead of using DM_UDEV_DISABLE_CHECKING.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Roman Kyrylych

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:48, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Â*lvm2/device-mapper 2.02.61-1 are now in testing:
>
> - minor upstream update
> - Add optional lvmwait= command line parameter, fixes FS#18428
>
> Please test and signoff. Â*Signoffs from users are welcome.

I sign off device-mapper on x86_64.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Ð*оман Кирилич)

Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 28.02.2010 09:48, schrieb Eric Bélanger:
> Hi,
>
> lvm2/device-mapper 2.02.61-1 are now in testing:
>
> - minor upstream update
> - Add optional lvmwait= command line parameter, fixes FS#18428
>
> Please test and signoff. Signoffs from users are welcome.
>
> Eric

Better late than never: signoff x86_64

Old 03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Allan McRae

lvm2/device-mapper 2.02.61-1 are now in testing:

- minor upstream update
- Add optional lvmwait= command line parameter, fixes FS#18428

Please test and signoff. Signoffs from users are welcome.

Eric

Better late than never: signoff x86_64

I do not use lvm2, by device-mapper is installed as a dep for device-kit
on my system and running the binaries appears to do stuff... Also, it
has been a month.

Signoff i686.

Allan

Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 05/03/10 05:42, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>>
>> Am 28.02.2010 09:48, schrieb Eric Bélanger:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> *lvm2/device-mapper 2.02.61-1 are now in testing:
>>>
>>> - minor upstream update
>>> - Add optional lvmwait= command line parameter, fixes FS#18428
>>>
>>> Please test and signoff. *Signoffs from users are welcome.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>
>> Better late than never: signoff x86_64
>>

> I do not use lvm2, by device-mapper is installed as a dep for device-kit on
> my system and running the binaries appears to do stuff... *Also, it has been
> a month.
>
> Signoff i686.
>
> Allan

FYI: The packages in testing are out-of-date. I'll update them and
ask for new signoffs.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Jan de Groot

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 16:43 -0400, Eric Bélanger wrote:

> FYI: The packages in testing are out-of-date. I'll update them and
> ask for new signoffs.

Works fine here, signoff for both architectures.

The new upstream version has buggy Makefiles, so I guess that's why it
takes longer for you to package (it installs manpages in
$DESTDIR/$DESTDIR/$prefix).

Please move them to core, as nobody seems to have problems with these
packages.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 16:43 -0400, Eric Bélanger wrote:
>
>> FYI: The packages in testing are out-of-date. *I'll update them and
>> ask for new signoffs.
>
> Works fine here, signoff for both architectures.
>
> The new upstream version has buggy Makefiles, so I guess that's why it
> takes longer for you to package (it installs manpages in
> $DESTDIR/$DESTDIR/$prefix).
>
> Please move them to core, as nobody seems to have problems with these
> packages.

Since I won't have time to work on the new packages until begining of
next week, I've pushed this lvm2/device-mapper in core.

It's taking me longer because I had hardware problems (bad hard drive
and bad PSU) with my x86_64 system. It took some time to get it fixed
and I struggled with the reinstall and system restore (bad case of
Murphy's Law).