-   -   WARNING: mkinitcpio 0.5.99.3 (kill-klibc) live in testing! (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/322035-warning-mkinitcpio-0-5-99-3-kill-klibc-live-testing.html)

Thomas Bächler 02-07-2010 10:03 AM

WARNING: mkinitcpio 0.5.99.3 (kill-klibc) live in testing!

Okay, this is it. The busybox-based mkinitcpio is entering testing now.
BACK UP YOUR OLD (WORKING) INITRAMFS (kernel26.img) FILE! Also, do NOT
use this if you have root on NFS, it is NOT IMPLEMENTED yet.

Known issues: If you use 2.6.33 and enable the support for ext2/ext3 in
the ext4 driver, root on ext2/3 won't work with the autodetect hook,
I'll fix that for the next version.

Number of systems that failed to boot after the upgrade: 0 (so far)

Hooks adjusted: All base hooks + keymap, encrypt, lvm2, mdadm, dmraid,
raid (now a symlink to mdadm), v86d. (Also, I hear that the uresume hook
works without modification).

I am still looking for someone to implement NFS root with this, please
contact me if you are interested. This will not be the final version,
there is still some work to do, but for now this requires more testing.

pyther 02-07-2010 02:43 PM

[...]

Not sure how to troubleshoot this, but when I'm booting "Activating RAID
arrays" states FAILED, however my RAID 1 loads without a problem. I
rarely restart this machine and when I do I usually neglect paying any
attention to the boot process. Therefore, I think this is related, but
if not let me know and I'll post in the forums.

Tobias Powalowski 02-07-2010 02:45 PM

Am Sonntag 07 Februar 2010 schrieb pyther:
> On 02/07/2010 06:03 AM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> > Okay, this is it. The busybox-based mkinitcpio is entering testing now.
> > BACK UP YOUR OLD (WORKING) INITRAMFS (kernel26.img) FILE! Also, do NOT
> > use this if you have root on NFS, it is NOT IMPLEMENTED yet.
> >
> > Known issues: If you use 2.6.33 and enable the support for ext2/ext3 in
> > the ext4 driver, root on ext2/3 won't work with the autodetect hook,
> > I'll fix that for the next version.
> >
> > Number of systems that failed to boot after the upgrade: 0 (so far)
> >
> > Hooks adjusted: All base hooks + keymap, encrypt, lvm2, mdadm, dmraid,
> > raid (now a symlink to mdadm), v86d. (Also, I hear that the uresume hook
> > works without modification).
> >
> > I am still looking for someone to implement NFS root with this, please
> > contact me if you are interested. This will not be the final version,
> > there is still some work to do, but for now this requires more testing.
>
> Not sure how to troubleshoot this, but when I'm booting "Activating RAID
> arrays" states FAILED, however my RAID 1 loads without a problem. I
> rarely restart this machine and when I do I usually neglect paying any
> attention to the boot process. Therefore, I think this is related, but
> if not let me know and I'll post in the forums.
This is normal since 3.0.x mdadm i try to find a fix for this, but it doesn't
harm.
greetings
tpowa

--