Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Paul Mattal

Default replacing syslog-ng with rsyslog

All,

There's been some compelling arguments made in the below bug request to
switch from syslog-ng to rsyslog:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12314

I'm planning to start the process of migrating to rsyslog in March, if a
rough show of hands here confirms it's the right thing to do.

Can people give a quick +1 or -1 to this idea?

- P

Old 02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Dan McGee

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> There's been some compelling arguments made in the below bug request to
> switch from syslog-ng to rsyslog:
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12314
>
> I'm planning to start the process of migrating to rsyslog in March, if a
> rough show of hands here confirms it's the right thing to do.
>
> Can people give a quick +1 or -1 to this idea?

A quick read of the bug report gets a +1 from me.

-Dan

Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 06.02.2010 15:14, schrieb Paul Mattal:
> All,
>
> There's been some compelling arguments made in the below bug request to
> switch from syslog-ng to rsyslog:
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12314
>
> I'm planning to start the process of migrating to rsyslog in March, if a
> rough show of hands here confirms it's the right thing to do.
>
> Can people give a quick +1 or -1 to this idea?
>
> - P

+/-0 if we keep maintaining syslog-ng in extra and don't actually
"replace" it (as in pacman-replace).

Old 02-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Saturday 06 February 2010 15:14:13 Paul Mattal wrote:
> All,
>
> There's been some compelling arguments made in the below bug request to
> switch from syslog-ng to rsyslog:
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12314
>
> I'm planning to start the process of migrating to rsyslog in March, if a
> rough show of hands here confirms it's the right thing to do.
>
> Can people give a quick +1 or -1 to this idea?
>
> - P
after I read the fedora thread, I say +1

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer